Aviation Supply Chain
Environmental Health & Safety
This role will be responsible to plan and provide support to implement and facilitate EHS procedures throughout GEESM. The role will also be required to advise on EHS regulatory and compliance requirements for the site and manage activities that promote EHS protection at workplace consistent with accepted regulations and GE Aviation corporate standards.
· Assist Facility & EHS Manager in EHS related functions.
· Assist with performing and tracking safety audits in GEESM.
· Advise staff of any safety infringement detected during audits.
· Support EHS Star Point Program.
· Track and monitor accident and injury rates in accordance to OSHA and GE EHS requirements.
· Provide support for safety committee and work as liaison with Health,Safety & Environment related contractors.
· Follow up on safety issues brought up from shop floor.
· To prepare/ review Safety and Health SOP, S&H Project Plan, Hazard Identification, Risk Assessment and Control, and monitor the implementation and enforcement of safety issues in shop floor.
· Maintain a systematic filing system for quick reference and retrieval of important documentation during inspection by internal/external.
· Assist in preparing delivery EHS training.
· Lead and coordinate EHS Teams.
· Participate in AWO and NPI with EHS input.
· Maintain up to date Work Plans assigned.
· Maintain Health,Safety & Environment Framework elements assigned.
· Prepare and submit Safety, Health & Environment Monthly Reports.
· Attend training to maintain proficiency in EHS related issues.
· Adhere to all company regulations punctuality, attire and discipline.
· To perform and execute the Environment , Safety & Health monitoring tasks ( Schedule Waste, Waste Water, recycled Waste Management ) etc.
· To comply with Occupational Safety & Health Act (OSHA 1994),FMA,EQA and its laws & regulations.
· In-house training/induction/briefing to employee/ visitor & Safety briefing/tool-box meeting for contractor.
· To assist Safety Officer on safety related matters to Department of Occupational Safety & Health (DOSH).
· To assist on Investigation of Industrial Accidents.
· To involve in Company-wide activities (Fire Drill, Safety Committee) etc.
· Perform other responsibilities as assigned by superior or Management from time to time.
Diploma in Science/Environment/Applied Science or any other related disciplines
Green Book Holder will be an advantage
· Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills in Bahasa Malaysia and in English.
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and organisational skills.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and across functions.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com