Power Power Conversion
Work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to deliver DP control systems that meet customer and project requirements. Provide expertise to the Dynamic Positioning (DP) team to further develop and continually enhance the DP product.
· Support the engineering activity of the production of dynamic positioning systems from the receipt of an order to handover to the customer after commissioning and testing on the vessel at sea.
· Perform the functional design of dynamic positioning systems using standard hardware and software components.
· Produce design, installation and test documentation; maintain this documentation throughout the project cycle.
· Utilise standard Visio templates and work with the Drawing Office to produce equipment drawings, electrical wiring diagrams, cable interconnection drawings and interface.
· Plan and progress design and test activities to meet the required delivery dates.
· Liaise with classification societies on technical aspects and classification rules.
· Perform factory testing of DP systems leading to a formal Factory Acceptance Test with customer and classification society.
· Support the commissioning and sea-trials phase of the project; normally from the Rugby office but with the possibility of visits to the vessel.
· Provide technical advice and assistance to the sales, commissioning and service teams.
· Supervise interns/graduates when needed.
· Bachelor of Science in Control Engineering, or relevant subject or equivalent knowledge or experience
· Strong control background within the marine domain or perhaps another domain.
· Proven ability to develop control models and simulations within Matlab or similar tools.
· Strong communication skills.
· Customer oriented.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
· Previous experience of Dynamic Positioning
· Previous experience of modelling movement of vessels
· Previous experience of modelling power systems
· Knowledge of marine classification society rules (DNV, ABS, LR, etc.)
· Extant Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), or the ability to obtain BPSS is desirable for some areas of work.
· Willing to travel within base country and overseas for occasional work assignments.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com