DevOps Engineer will be part of our Applied Intelligence platform team delivering core services and technologies that empower software teams across GE Healthcare to rapidly create and deliver artificial intelligence-enabled software solutions. You will be responsible for the automation, development and maintenance of golden environments/templates and related data sets.
· Makes technology choices at individual level and has ability to analyze impact.
· Expert at applying principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques.
· Work with cross-functional (process, design, build, test) teams to support product development
· Work with stakeholders to create a roadmap of improvements, own execution of the roadmap as well as ways to prioritize interrupt activities.
· Able to document procedures for building and deploying. Able to assess code, build it, and run applications locally on his/her own.
· xperience with creating and maintaining automated build tools. Profiles build process and identifies bottlenecks.
· Demonstrates expertise in writing scripts to automate tasks. Implements Continuous Integration/Deployment build principles.
· Provides expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project.
· Helps businesses develop an overall strategy for deploying code.Contributes to planning a
· nd strategy with his/her ideas.
· Draws off experience in order to influence others
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
· A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in Build Automation with hands on experience in AWS Cloud Infrastructure
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. GE may agree to sponsor an individual for
an employment visa now or in the future if there is a shortage of individuals with particular skills.
· Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background
investigation and drug screen.
· Must be willing to work out of an office located in San Ramon, California
· • Experience operating in a highly secure environment that conforms to various regulatory requirements and industry best practices;
· • Healthcare domain and IT Systems Acumen: Understand the data IT systems in hospitals (e.g. PACS, Devices, Monitoring Solutions)
· • AWS Certification in any of the following: Solution Architect, Developer, System Ops is highly desirable.
· • Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
· • Familiarity with Deep Learning/Machine Learning concepts.
· • Familiarity with QMS process.
· • Needs to apply operational rigor for continuous improvement of products to ensure Product quality & DevOps best practices.
· • Be an expert at developing Continuous Integration pipeline to build, deploy, test product features on AWS and on-prem systems.
• Must have proven experience implementing, managing fault-tolerant, scalable Kubernetes clusters on demand in public clouds and on-premises
• Strong experience with IaaS and PaaS, Linux-based system skills with practical experience operating in a Cloud or virtualized environments
• Continuous Integration and Deployment experience using a wide variety of open source technologies and Cloud services
• Experience in building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructures using infrastructure automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, Chef, AWS Cloud Formation
• Proficient with the AWS stack of services including but not limited to compute (EC2, ECR, ECS, EKS etc), Severless (Lambda), API Gateway, Storage (S3), Database (RDS, DynamoDb etc), Management (CloudWatch, Autoscaling etc), Machine Learning (SageMaker), Deployment technologies (Docker, Kubernetes)
• Adept at Infrastructure Capacity Planning, Cost to Serve analysis, release management, infrastructure administration and maintenance tasks on Cloud and on-premise
• Experience with monitoring tools such as Datadog, Graphite, Grafana, Prometheus
• Demonstrable experience with CI-CD, automation of build and deployment pipelines using Gitlab/Github, Jenkins, SonarQube, JFrog Artifactory, Helm
• Strong Java & scripting skills (Python, Bash, PowerShell, Ruby and/or Perl);
• Familiarity with service mesh, Istio, Envoy, ALB/ELB, Authentication and Authorization mechanisms
• Knowledge of Python packaging formats and libraries such as Setuptools, Wheel.
• Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
• Has an ability to define work break down structure of all deliverables and estimates them for sizing
• Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
• Has the ability to analyze impact of technology choices
• Ability to takes ownership of small and medium sized tasks and deliver while mentoring and helping team members
• Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale. Able to speak to mutual needs and win-win solutions. Uses two-way communication to influence outcomes and ongoing results
• Identify misalignment within goals, objectives, and work direction against the organizational strategy. Makes suggestions to course correct
• Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
• Effective team building and problem solving abilities
• Persists to completion, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for results; pushes others for results through team spirit
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).