Zipf Austria; or Buc France
This is a key technical position, and the successful candidate will be responsible for the effective design transfer of our New Product, Programs from GE Healthcare Engineering development to deliver a High Quality, Manufacturable solution at our selected suppliers. The successful candidate will utilize strong Plastics/Materials engineering experience, working together with internal and external partners, to deliver best in class healthcare products for our customers.
· Effectively assess and evaluate supplier technical capabilities as an enabler for the best supplier selection process possible
· Establish and empower working relationships with external and internal interfaces (Suppliers, GE Engineering, Service, etc)
· Influence product design specifications at the design stage
· Support effective Design transfer to Manufacturing
· Be the driving force behind new quality methodology thinking (APQP/PPAP)
· Ensure that customer requirements are understood, internalized and implemented in all New Products Development Programs
· Ensure adequate due diligence is applied throughout the NPI cycle to deliver to Program and Customer requirements
· Drive a continuous improvement culture in all we do: Design, Manufacturing and Program Delivery
· University Degree (BSc, MSc) in an engineering discipline or similar education level
· Extensive experience of R&D Design practice in Plastics/Materials technology, manufacturing of products or Engineering Program Management experience.
· Experience in Plastics/material technology development methodologies, DFM, DFT applications and subsequent implementation at a New Product Introduction development level
· Fluent in communicating in English (both written and verbal). German skills are a beneficial
· Willingness to travel between 30 to 40% within Europe to visit GE sites and suppliers
The Austrian Government requires us to state the minimum salary. For this position the minimum according to collective agreement amounts to €45.906 gross per year. Please note that the final compensation package will be decided according to your experience and education and therefore probably be higher.
As a leading global medical technology company, GE Healthcare provide a broad portfolio of products, solutions and services used in the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of patients worldwide.
We are a community of inventors, researchers and engineers, continuously striving to produce the best products for a market that directly affects and supports the human being and human well-being.
We embrace a culture of respect, transparency, integrity and diversity and we are looking for dynamic, initiative-orientated professionals to deliver the best products in Global Healthcare equipment.
Would you like to join our team? Apply at www.gecareers.com or contact the recruiter David Duringer vie email: email@example.com.