Oslo, Høvik, Sandvika
GE Oil & Gas
Oil & Gas Oilfield Equipment
The Connection Design Engineer shall work with development of Connection systems used in Subsea Production Systems. He/she shall work with developing and delivering Connection systems as part of a team.
Work scope will include developing Pressure Containing Equipment, Subsea Structures and associated Tooling. The Connection design engineer will be accountable for part of the design work including modelling, drawing and document creation. Part of the work might be as package responsible to co-ordinate part of the delivery in the applicable project working with teams locally and in global teams.
• Work with development activities such as CAD modelling and creating documents
• Be part of project team developing/delivering projects and products that will be used across the world.
• Perform system design work within own disciplines and ensure that the design of complete system is optimal in regard to functionality, quality, delivery time and cost.
• Work cross functionally with other teams and departments to align interfaces, system design, activities and deliverables.
• Participate/Lead/Present in design reviews when and as relevant.
• BSc or MSc in Mechanical or Marine engineering.
• Experience in in use of design tools such as Creo/iPEM/TeamCenter.
• Self-motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team.
• English fluent verbal and written
• Detail oriented.
• Subsea engineering experience.
• Capability to plan own work and take ownership to plan.
• Structured and able to deliver good documentation and overviews.
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• PC proficiency.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com