Plymouth, Forked River
Massachusetts, New Jersey
The Decommissioning and Dismantlement (D&D) Assistant Project Manager for GEH Decommissioning Services is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in project management and execution for GEH customers based on business commitments and contract deliverables.
As the Decommissioning and Dismantlement Assistant Project Manager, the essential responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Support project execution, within cross functional internal teams, and interface with customers
· Support the Project Manager’s day to day project execution requirements, including managing internal deliverables and supplier/vendor deliverables to meet GEH commitments
· Perform site walk-downs and develop cost and schedule estimates
· Participate in EHS, Radiation Protection, schedule routine meetings, and be the point of contact for GEH in these areas
· Provide the Project Manager advice related to technical approach, safety, and cost as necessary to ensure GEH and customer goals are achieved
· Monitor the execution schedule and provide routine progress reports
· Perform other relevant duties as assigned
· Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and a minimum of 3 years of experience in nuclear design, construction, operations, maintenance, outage, or D&D services or a minimum of 5 years of experience in nuclear design, construction, operations, maintenance, outage, or D&D services; experience must include prior experience as a Project Manager or Project Engineer during plant shutdown, post-operations, D&D planning, and D&D operations ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
· Ability to pass Fitness For Duty requirements and site security requirements to obtain unescorted access to nuclear plant sites
· Must be willing to relocate as required
· Demonstrated professional level communications and presentations skills
· Demonstrated Team leadership of cross functional, local, remote and union staff
· BWR or PWR D&D industry experience
· Knowledge of nuclear tooling design, engineering, and suppliers
· Strong decision-making skills, self-starter and highly organized administrative skills
· Proven leadership capabilities with ability to motivate others and achieve results
· Ability to start immediately upon hire (within 30 days)
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Strong Project Management, presentation and computer skills
· Six Sigma and Black Belt Certified (GE employees only)
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@gecareers
Based in Wilmington, N.C., GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy (GEH) is a world-leading provider of advanced reactors and nuclear services. Established in 2007, GEH is a global nuclear alliance created by GE and Hitachi to serve the global nuclear industry. The alliance offers customers around the world the technological leadership required to effectively enhance reactor performance, power output and safety.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.