GE Renewable Energy
Renewable Energy Grid Solutions
Drive optimal performance (cost, fulfillment, quality, cash) and profitability through the Supply Chain and Project execution. Intermediate level professional positions requiring subject matter knowledge and experience, more independence in problem solving and decision making. Responsible for departmental planning and budgeting. Includes direct people management responsibility including staffing and performance development.
Estimating product cost, standards, & handbook; proposal support; set and execute product strategy, builds process to determine restructuring needs. May be involved in defining product requirements used to develop cost estimates. Responsible for departmental planning, financing and budgeting. Effective communication with other functional areas required. Influences peers to meet objectives. Work requires analysis and interpretation. Develops approaches outside of procedures. Focus on department priorities within operating unit and may be responsible for work and development of others.
• Prepare error-free monthly balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss statements, and various other accounting statements.
• Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and recording transactions and resolving discrepancies.
• Maintain the general ledger with reconciliations to source documents.
• Maintain fixed assets of the company.
• Perform monthly and year-end close activities.
• Provide monthly variance analysis and review of financials.
• Process payroll and prepare necessary payroll reports
• File required payroll tax with federal and state, and reconcile accounts.
• Assist with internal and external auditors; gather necessary account information and documents to perform audits.
• Conduct yearly physical inventory audits.
• Assist in the preparation of plant budgets.
• Independently perform special analytical projects as necessary.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance from an accredited university or college ; with a minimum of 3 years progressively responsible Cost Accounting experience.
Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to influence others and lead small teams. Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact. Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously. Effective problem identification and solution skills. Proven analytical and organizational ability.
• Expert knowledge of financial accounting and cost accounting. CPA / CPA candidates preferred.
• Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounted principles.
• Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational and time management skills with a keen attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).