Our Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) team works with clients to manage their capital agenda to drive competitive advantage and increased returns. As part of a global team of 10,000 professionals in 100 countries you will advise clients on preserving, optimizing, raising or investing capital. Major groups (or, as we call them, sub-service lines and competencies) within TAS include Mergers and Acquisition Services, Project Finance, Restructuring Services, Operational Transaction Services, Transaction Support, Transaction Tax, and Valuation and Business Modeling.
You will be working in teams with experienced valuation and business moduling professionals, where you will learn and develop the skills in a range of situations and sectors. There is the opportunity for and likelihood of travel, both within Greater China and potentially internationally. When working on projects you will almost always be working as part of a wider cross service line team.
As you progress your career with EY, you will have the opportunity to work on more complex transactions, increasingly lead teams, begin to build relationships with our clients and other members of the corporate finance community and take on broader roles within our business.
Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Accountant within the Transaction Support team, you'll participate in valuation engagements related to transactions involving private equity investor groups and strategic corporate buyers. You'll work effectively as a team member by demonstrating your commitment to quality, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress.
Skills and attributes for success
· Prepare analyses of historical and pro forma financial information to assess trends and fluctuations that may impact cash flow requirements and deal valuation
· Perform industry and company research utilizing online tools and publicly available information
· Assist in researching technical accounting issues to evaluate implications on transaction valuation and structuring
· Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
· Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
To qualify for the role you must have
· University graduates with a minimum of 3 years of professional valuation experience
· Strong analytical, presentation and report writing skills
· Excellent command of spoken and written English and Chinese (fluency in Mandarin is a must)
· Traveling within the PRC is required
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Transactions/auditing experience
· Client facing experience from a professional services background
What we look for
What’s most important is that you’re dedicated to working with your colleagues as part of a high-performing team. You’ll need to thrive in picking up new skills as you go, so natural curiosity, a lot of questions and the confidence to speak up when you see something that could be improved are essential. If you’ve got the right combination of technical knowledge and communication skills, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes social insurance and housing, additional commerce insurance, a minimum of 10 days of vacation and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
HR Number: 85245