These are exciting times, and in our relentless focus to build a better working world, we are embracing the world of products, cloud and scale to help us serve our clients more effectively and efficiently. We have refocused our Technology teams to work exclusively on client technologies while embarking on the journey of multi-tenant, frictionless, global, cloud-based & scalable products. If you take great professional pride in inventing and presenting products that delight an ever evolving and very discerning user base, love to solve problems with technology, architecture. design & code while coaching & mentoring super smart engineers & architects then you should seriously consider applying.
Essential Functions of the Job:
As Lead Technology Architect for Product Architecture & Technology Architect (PATS) group of EY Technology, you will be in the thick of things! You will enable, drive and lead initiatives focusing on establishing and embedding architecture & design governance across the organization and promoting Agile and DevOps ways of working. Key functions include
· Lead initiatives for setting up architectural & technology strategies, standards, governance and best practices for the whole organization.
· Employ industry proven frameworks & tools to facilitate compliance of standards across all product and service line teams. Ensure that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly
· Design & lead strategies that identify common processes & practices used (e.g. wrt to security, open source, monitoring) across products and applications and get them automated or expedited.
· Collaborate with technology teams across EY Service Lines helping them implement a productized strategy, consuming existing components while also greatly enhancing velocity of products through reuse!
· Collaborate with different product teams and service lines to solve some of the hardest and most interesting technology challenges
· Work with engineering teams for designing, building & productionizing components that will grow in capability while being multi-tenant, global, scalable & highly available
· Scout the technology landscape for emerging technologies, patterns and solutions that can benefit EY Technology & our customers (existing and new)
· Build some quick POC and write some code for exploring new technology solutions.
You will also have a lot of fun innovating on Products & Technology, including :
· Drive a culture of product experimentation in Engineering & Business through events like hackathons!
· Keep up to date with market trends and competitive insights. Evaluate technology and tools to enable the product ecosystem in E&Y
· Evaluate and enhance ROI through experiments and bets on technologies and components
· Partner with the product managers to enhance the quality and usability of the products built with EY Technology& collaborate with Product Marketing to drive greater traction to products / features!
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate strong analytical and technical problem-solving skills by leveraging the latest trends in technology including AI, big data, cloud computing.
· Handle ambiguity and able to move forward with imperfect information and get things done in a rapidly changing environment
· Must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are challenged;
· Should possess good product instinct and excellent project management skills to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution
· Astute in aligning effort & resources to achieve desired results.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Strategic business acumen and understanding of organizational strategy and ability to design information systems to deliver that strategy
· Deep understanding of cloud computing and data technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, and deployment options (preferably in Microsoft Azure)
· Expert in defining, designing and developing distributed and scalable products and services, including reusable domain-specific microservices on multi-platform /hybrid clouds (such as Microsoft Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Rackspace, VMware, or OpenStack)
· Deep understanding of Application, Infrastructure and security architecture and non-functional aspects like Performance, Scalability, Reliability, Availability etc
· Expert understanding of software engineering concepts such as: multithreading, data structures, algorithms, design patterns, high performance and scalable components
· Strong expertise in DevOps, Agile methodologies, containers, CI/CD,and tools like VSTS, Jira
· Deep experience with software and product development lifecycle (incl. coding, coding standards and reviews, source control, testing, debugging, build, deployment and operations)
· Familiarity in the following areas
· Front end / UI technologies including frameworks such as React/Angular.js
· REST / Webservices (with high performance, multi-tenancy, global, scalable elements)
· SQL, XML, JSON, Linux, ELK stack, Splunk, Solr, GIT, Ant/Maven, Jenkins
· Familiarity with Data Ingestion, Analytics, AI technologies (preferable on Azure)
· The role is an individual contributor role, however the candidate would need to demonstrate key skills to be able to influence without authority as he/she would interact with senior strategy and architecture leaders, product engineering teams, infrastructure and security architects.
· Regular international and domestic travel. Reasonable extension of the working day should be expected commensurate with the needs to fulfil the obligations of the role
· Bachelors in Computer Science, MIS or related field from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent from a Tier 1 school (example. IIT, IIIT, BITS, NIT, MIT, Stanford etc)
· 10-18 years of deep technology experience at very large enterprises or web scale product companies
· 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
· significant experience in interacting with senior leaders and global C-level management
· You are Glocal, ie.
· Can coordinate / collaborate with teams & stakeholders in multiple geographies
· Manage teams with participants in multiple geographies.
· Can quickly form strong working relationships with colleagues within and outside your location
· Solid business acumen, management and marketing communication skills
· Significant experience in presenting ideas, papers, patents to varied audiences.