Tax Services Manager – National Tax – EY EDGE – Fiduciary Trust Tax Services
Our National Tax and EY EDGE practice is made up of a team of professionals providing dedicated tax technical services to both US and global clients. EDGE stands for Exceptional Delivery and Growth Engine because this team operates in a technical environment with deep process and service delivery experience that distinguishes EY in the marketplace.
When you join EY EDGE, you’ll be at the heart of EY’s critical mission to build a better working world by applying your knowledge, skills and experience in assisting clients in meeting their business objectives. You will learn, grow and contribute — building new relationships and discovering the satisfaction that comes with producing high-quality, valued work and advice.
Your Key Responsibilities
You’re likely to spend your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks,supporting client engagements by participating in day-to-day interactions with team members, providing a quality work product and driving delivery of services to meet deadlines.You will serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams, research tax law issues, provide advice and assistance to help clients understand risks and potential needs for additional tax advisory or compliance services.
· Sign tax returns as preparer
· Manage Analysts, Senior Analysts and Assistant Managers in performance of tax compliance services, and review and confirm accuracy in tax reporting
· Communicate complex tax issues to colleagues, clients and non-tax professionals to enable evaluation and review of tax compliance requirements central to fulfilling fiduciary tax reporting obligations
· Oversee multiple tax engagements of various sizes, including coordinating production and delivery of all tax deliverables, managing people and resources, implementing new processes and procedures, and managing engagement economics throughout the year
· Serve as a trusted advisor and role model for our people across multiple teams
· Identify service enhancements that will improve tax deliverables and engagement economics via improved accuracy of bridged data, educating engagement team members to provide for increased knowledge of clients’ trust accounting systems to provide for more insightful client communication and guidance, making sure the team is using the ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax software to its full functional capabilities, implementing leading practices, enhancing team members’ communication skills for continued growth and improved service delivery, helping team members to identify gaps that need analysis and review, and making sure team members understand the difference between routine and non-routine service deliverables that maybe out of scope in nature
You will support the Fiduciary/Trust Tax Services practice with the preparation and delivery of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting for agency, custody and fiduciary accounts for tax compliance engagements with banks, wealth management firms, trust companies and law firms. You’llbe working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and Attributes for Success
· Ability to identify, deploy and allocate resources as needed to fill gaps in service delivery in a high-volume, fast-paced working environment
· Primary point of contact for day-to-day client relations for assigned engagements and demonstrate professional discretion by appropriately escalating complex tax and client relationship matters to senior management and subject-matter professionals, coordinating efforts, and managing expectations with regard to timing of response and resolution
· Manage internal and external client relationships and professional network to support client retention and new business development
· Manage communications with client tax liaisons, client trust administration teams and client trust officers to gather required information, to share information to support informed decision-making, and obtain instruction or authorization necessary for timely, accurate production of tax information statements, tax returns and related reporting
· Build effective long-term relationships and manage workflow effectively with our clients, and understand their unique needs to provide tailored services
· Manage engagement deliverables and team resources to achieve timely and accurate delivery of tax compliance services while effectively managing engagement economics
To qualify for the role you must have
· Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Tax, Law, or Economics
· CPA or EA certificationor membership in The Bar
· Minimum 5 years of experience in a professional services or tax services organization,2 years of experience with fiduciary tax law concepts and with preparing US federal and state fiduciary tax returns
· Proficient in computer software applications, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, trust accounting systems and tax software applications, including ONESOURCE™ Trust Tax
· Thorough knowledge of fiduciary and/or income tax law and concepts required to prepare US federal and state tax information statements and tax returns
· Proficient in reading and interpreting trust agreements
· Work effectively both independently and as team leader
· Knowledge of and interest in taxation, trusts and estates, wealth planning and fiduciary income taxation
· Excellent client interaction skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Good technical experience in fiduciary accounting matters
· Experience managing people and projects
· Commit to periodic travel (10%–15%)
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
· The ability to adapt your work style to work with both internal and client team members
What we look for
We’re interested in tax professionals with a genuine interest in providing outstanding services to some of the world’s most influential people. Working with people from all backgrounds, from executives and entrepreneurs to investors and families, you’ll use your experience and status as a trusted advisor to maintain and further our reputation for excellence.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of three weeks of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today .
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.