Our National Tax Practice is comprised of a dedicated team of tax professionals strategically positioned across the country providing top notch tax consulting services to our clients. As a staff in our indirect tax practice, you'll assist with multiple tax engagements and will contribute to the delivery of quality tax planning and compliance services for our real estate industry clients. In return, you can expect the support of some of the most engaging colleagues around, as well as plenty of opportunities to progress your career.
You'll be part of a rapidly growing team that's seen plenty of recent expansion, with the aim to double in size over the next few years. With support from some of the most engaging professionals in the business, you can expect to develop your tax technical skills, management techniques, and business experience considerably. It's all about taking on new skills and responsibilities as they arise, and making the most of our dedicated mentors and training programs.
Your key responsibilities
You'll likely spend most of your time on a diverse array of projects, responsibilities and tasks. Whatever you're working on, our clients will turn to you for up-to-the-minute tax advice they can always rely on. To make that happen, we'll look to you to implement your knowledge of state & local tax concepts and law. You can expect to be working in a highly collaborative culture, where listening to and sharing information with colleagues is an essential part of the role.
Skills and attributes for success
· Contributing to the overall success of the team by developing a thorough understanding of EY methodologies and tools to enhance service delivery
· Challenging traditional procedures and finding new approaches to provide tax services
· Providing compliance work product and assisting management with client deliverables
· Building client relationships and demonstrating your knowledge of the real estate industry
· Staying abreast of state & local tax developments and work to develop new and innovative service offerings that can deliver value to our clients
To qualify for the role you must have
· A bachelor's degree with an emphasis in accounting, finance , or economics and 2 years of related work experience
· Strong tax technical skills and experience in tax research and writing, flow through entity taxation, REIT taxation, income and franchise taxes and transfer taxes
· Compliance skills as it relates to multi-state jurisdictions
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ideally, you'll also have
· Experience in a professional services environment
· A CPA certification, or good standing as a member of a state bar
What we look for
We're interested in tax professionals with the confidence and knowledge to think creatively in a constantly shifting environment. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to prioritize across projects and make strong decisions in often-uncertain scenarios, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.