Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
Join our Risk Management team and help protect EY from risks that arise from its professional practice. Risk Management teams provide coordinated advice and assistance on independence, conflicts, regulatory and risk management issues, as well as dealing with claims, and any queries regarding the organization’s ethics. You’ll help us meet our compliance responsibilities while supporting our client-facing teams as they deliver quality service to their clients.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The Quality and Risk Management (Q&RM) Associate will be the initial point of contact for client teams. The Analyst provides research and analysis across a variety of functional areas. The individual will be interpreting Q&RM policies, determining required actions and making recommendations based on firm guidance. The (Q&RM) Analyst will analyze issues and produce deliverables to document the diligence with which such tasks were performed, as the work product for these individuals is subject to review and scrutiny by outside regulators.
· Facilitates and drives the process to completion by following up on requests from Q&RM Consultants and assisting the client team
· Understands key requirements of firm and regulators' independence rules and policies
· Performs initial review of submissions from client teams and evaluates completeness, accuracy and appropriateness of proposed transaction/requests
· Assists client teams with obtaining background materials required to initiate Business Relationship Evaluation Tracking (BRET), Public Company Independence Process (PCIP) or other Q&RM processes
· Acts as a liaison between the client teams, other members of the Q&RM team, and various functional areas within the firm
· Responds to clients inquiries and questions
· Manages tasks and activities in a timely manner and is responsible for specific outcomes
· Uses analytical and project management methodology and tools
· Apply judgment to initial consultations and/or submission review and rapidly develop understanding of key requirements of firm and regulator's independence rules and policies. Also will reference existing policies; however, due to frequency of unique situations will need to research issues and, through situation specific inquiries, propose solutions to issues
· Escalate matters and/or sensitive transactions requiring more experienced individuals to respond or process
· Reviewing BRET submissions and interpreting whether or not the submission and documentation appropriately conveys the proposed business relationship and evaluation of whether the proposed transaction adheres to the firm's policies and guidelines.
· May conduct initial training and educate client teams on key submission requirements
To qualify, candidates must have:
· Strong research and communications skills
· Experience in project management
· Strong problem solving skills
· Ability to be flexible and take initiative
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks
· Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and technology savvy
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Ability to work overtime will be required throughout the year and will vary based on volume of work in the pipeline
· A bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
· Approximately 1-4 years related experience
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.