· A Portfolio Operations is responsible for planning and controlling ITprojects to schedule, budget and quality with product managers. The role requiresmastery in stakeholder management, financial management, customer centricityand having excellent communication skills.
· Proficiency in related processes such as portfolio management, programmanagement, methods and tools and quality assurance is also required.
· Having Business acumen to interact with global Leaders.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
· Senior StakeholderManagement and driving steering committee meetings.
· Knowledge on buildingportfolio communication plan
· Excellent knowledge onfinancial management
· Exposure of Microsoftlatest technologies
· Successfully executemultiple programs to agreed schedule, budget and scope
· Perform the relevantproject management processes - i.e. initiate, plan, execute, monitor andcontrol and close, and the supporting processes e.g. scope, cost, time,issue, risk, resource, communication, stakeholder management
· Plan the project based ona defined need – results in detailed scope/budget/schedule baseline
· Monitor and control thework to ensure that the project remains on track and in control
· Plan for and manage change
· Reports on variances tothe approved project baseline
· Close the project toformalize acceptance of the project result and release project resources
· Interface and communicatewith project team, management and stakeholders
· Delivery of initiativesaligned to overall business and technology strategies and architectures
· Work within definedgovernance processes
· Manage external contractsand suppliers where required
· Support development ofbusiness cases with the customer team including leading on the solutionsestimate
ANALYTICAL/DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Business acumen to understand customer demands
· Financial tracking – Plan vs Forecast vs Actuals
· Support stakeholders in driving financial decisions
· Monitors and manages portfolio baseline to ensure activities are occurring as planned - scope, budget and schedule – manages variances
· Proactively identify risks and issues on portfolio - leading team to develop risk management and issues management plans
· Identifies potential points of contention for missed deliverables; creates and implements strategy to mitigate shortfalls in timeline and budget
· Anticipates problems before they occur; defines the problem or risk; identifies possible causes; works with team to identify solutions; selects and implements most appropriate solution
· Develop and manage plans to address project strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
· Ability to balance both the "science" of how to perform project management and the "art" of project management, which is learned through experience and skill training/application
· Analytical skills and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
· Demonstrate business analytics to manage and meet sponsor and customer needs
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
· Financial Management. Certification on financial management will be added advantage
· Exposure to latest market trends predominantly on Microsoft technologies
· Experience of managing IT projects with personal accountability for delivering to time and cost for large, complex projects typically from $5M up to $10M in value and 6 to 18 months in duration
· IT Infrastructure Management Knowledge – Networking, Sever Management, End User Computing, Voice & VoIP, etc
· Mastery of project management methodology, tools and templates (includes project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
· Track record of customer focus, based on openness, trust, and delivering on promises
· Not mandatory but desirable - management skills to manage one or more large, complex projects simultaneously
· IT background with experience across the systems development life cycle with experience in all project phases – plan, initiate, elaborate, design, build, test, implement.
· Knowledge and use of industry-standard project methods, tools and techniques e.g. RAIDS, budget, communication
· Strong team working skills across matrixed client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills (includes negotiation)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
· Experience in working with Global teams – internal resources, contracting resources, suppliers/hardware & software vendors
· Not mandatory but desirable - experienced in managing to contract; ensuring clients and suppliers alike perform in accordance with original agreement
· Willing to work in shifts to support APAC, Americas, or EMEA, as per the business need.
· APAC Shift – willing to start by 4am(IST)
· US Shift – start in the India evening hours, could go up to 1:30am(IST)
· A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience. MBA or Management diploma will be added advantage
· 14 – 20 years of working experience in the IT industry.
· 10 to 12 years of experience in project/program management
· Other relevant experience in a related technical field (application development, deployment/implementation and infrastructure)
· Work experience in a professional services industry, and in multinational company/global firm is preferred
· PMP and/or Prince 2 Practitioner Certification
· Agile certification would be advantageous