EY has a well-established Climate Change and Sustainability practice to respond to our client’s growing need of guidance in four key areas: social and environmental sustainability, climate change, sustainable finance, and environment, health & safety (EHS). Our services are varied, but include strategy and implementation, impact measurement, assessment of policies, programs and management systems, assurance over sustainability-related data and greenhouse gas emission verification. We are looking to expand our team of professionals focused on providing high value, independent, trusted advice to our clients as they transition to a more sustainable economy. Our clients include many of today's leading global companies, innovative growth companies, government and other Publicly Accountable Enterprises.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate in the early stages of their career who is able to demonstrate strong leadership qualities for an excellent career and leadership opportunity at the Associate level. We can help you realize your potential. Our success is based on your success. Our work environment is designed to help high-performing people thrive.
Your key responsibilities
As a Assurance Associate, the nature of this role means no two projects will be the same. That means you’ll need to think on your feet and challenge existing practices to develop answers to complex issues. You’ll also be collaborating with colleagues across multiple service lines, so we’ll look to you to build relationships and identify opportunities for our clients to benefit from our knowledge in other areas. Regular travel across Canada will be required as you will be meeting with key clients, some of those being the most respected in their fields.
Skills and attributes for success
· Be a self-starter who takes ownership for tasks and team performance, and proactively seeks out ways to better address our clients’ needs
· Be a team player and leader, able to successfully guide the work of others and be committed to achieving common goals
· Ability to deal with ambiguity
· With support from team leadership, ability to design and execute a logical phased approach to understand complex or unusual issues client issues, and design, recommend and implement insightful and pragmatic solutions
· Ability to take a pragmatic approach to issues that underpin client relationships while demonstrating and living the firm's values
· Demonstrate professionalism and poise in working with and presenting to clients or EY executives, and in developing relationships with potential clients
· Demonstrate strong writing skills and an ability to translate recommendations and other ideas effectively and concisely in reports, presentation materials, client proposals and other written communication
· Be technically comfortable in one or more of our key service areas, e.g., sustainability strategy, climate change and carbon, sustainable finance, HSE management (examples only – those with other relevant technical competencies are welcome to apply)
· Experience in one or more of the following industries: mining, financial services, government and public sector, retail or oil and gas.
· Share our passion for helping businesses and other clients become more sustainable To qualify for the role you must have
· A Masters Degree in Business/Economics, Sustainability, Engineering, Environmental Science or other relevant area
· 1-2 years experience or intern projects in a position focused on sustainability consulting
· Excellent project management and team leadership skills
· Professional presence with the ability to quickly establish personal credibility and demonstrate expertise
· Advanced written and verbal communication skills both in French and English Ideally, you’ll also have
Strong experience advising on the development, or auditing of Environment, Health & Safety management systems or experience in Environment, Health & Safety information system.
What we look for
We’re interested in versatile people with the ability to take on new responsibilities and listen to clients to get things done. We’re not just looking for environmental experience — we’re after genuinely interesting people with the ability to build relationships, negotiate and think in unique and creative news ways. If you’re a confident leader with a curious mind and the ability to solve complex issues, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
· Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
· Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.