Guidewire Java Engineer
EY Global Delivery Services means 31.000 specialists providing globally IT, HR, finance, project management and strategic business services to EY member firms. In addition we deliver support and solutions to clients from all over the world.
EY GDS Poland has been in operation since 2011, supporting around 30 countries across 14 services in English and non-English languages. Join one of our innovative and highly skilled teams and gain valuable experiences that will last a lifetime.
Guidewire is most versatile application for Insurance sector, mostly it is used by P&C insurance companies worldwide. Guidewire supports insurance operations including policy administration, billing and claims management. All applications are in the form of common platform modules, covering the P & C insurance life-cycle and replace legacy systems. Guidewire extends its services through its all three main software, ClaimCenter, PolicyCenter, and BillingCenter. Guidewire product suite is built on Java platform and Guidewire implementations make extensive use of technical aspects of Java, JEE, Webservices etc.
Guidewire product enriches his / her skills to work in similar P&C insurance products and helps them in product implementation across globe. Eventually help them to have strong career path in P&C insurance domain, at the same time growing strong technically as well.
Your key responsibilities:
• Java Developer/ Software Engineer in the IT Advisory Services to contribute in various streams of Guidewire implementation projects
• Collaborate with team members, develop and implement project activities to achieve project and client goals,
• Completion of assigned tasks on time and regular status reporting to the Lead
• Participating in the organization-wide people initiatives
Skills and attributes for success
• 3 - 6 years of commercial experience in software development and Engineer Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
• Experience in Configuration, Integration or Conversion of one of Guidewire modules: Claim Center / Policy Center/ Billing Center
• Commercial experience on enterprise system integration, Insurance domain background, Property & Casualty
• Experience in Java 8, J2EE, XML, Web Services (Axis 2), SQL, ANT
• Strong in Pl/SQL, Spring, Hibernate, Castor, any Enterprise Messaging System
• Wide knowledge and experience on Tomcat and or WebSphere / WebLogic
• Deep understanding of software development best practices
• Excellent business communication skills
• Willingness to business travels to the customers locations on need basis
• Excellent English verbal and written communication, German or other European language will be an advantage
What working at EY GDS offers
In EY GDS you can count on stable employment and upgrading your career. You will meet people and gain important knowledge and insights that will stay with you throughout your professional life.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Apply now to make your mark.