· Produces creative layouts and design for client deliverables requiring conceptualization of ideas in preparation of original art for print or electronic documents
· Maintains design skills and a broad knowledge of current design and production techniques
· Offers conceptual design and production solutions
· Manages routine design projects from concept through production, effectively prioritizes work, and balances multiple priorities simultaneously to meet client commitments and deadlines
· Works effectively in a team environment
· Develops designs and innovative ideas for client deliverables.
· Effectively creates layouts with strong typography and appropriate use of color, images and fonts, allowing for readability of type.
· Effectively utilizes styles, master pages, templates, tracking, kerning and leading.
· Proficient and remains up-to-date with graphics software tools and equipment required of the position, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat, Flash, Dreamweaver etc.
· Troubleshoots technical issues in graphic files and electronic documents for pre-press and printing according to the functional area.
· Effectively participates as a team player in planning, scheduling, and production.
· Maintains awareness of “state-of-the-art” techniques, equipment, best practices and developments within the design community.
· Relates design work to the client’s business needs.
· Determines project scope to define cost estimates, and schedule changes for client approval.
· Supports firm brand, understands, implements, and strictly adheres to the quality standards and procedures established by Ernst & Young, including VI and branding guidelines.
· May cross-train in additional CSG disciplines to provide flexibility during peak times.
· Pursues and shares best practices within the department and among GSS/CSG staff.
· Utilizes the SD tool to ensure all time and materials are logged, and project instructions and client interactions are fully documented.
· Performs CSG standard electronic file management and archiving
Technical skills/tools skills
· MS Office – PowerPoint/Word/Excel, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Production Premium
· Plans and organizes own work and keeps others informed of status and activities
· Excellent team working, communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate, and persuade customer to make the right design / deliverable choices