EY Bahrain Assurance - Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) Graduate Program
Location: Manama, Bahrain
EY’s FAAS teams support clients in determining, monitoring and disclosing financial and nonfinancial insights for their stakeholders. FAAS addresses the CFO’s agenda and provides CFOs, controllers, treasurers and audit committees with insight and services to support compliance with evolving financial requirements and help provide transparency and trust in reporting to support better decision-making.
Our services cover a wide range of accounting and reporting, transaction accounting, treasury, and corporate governance services that can make your business meet changing market conditions, demands for greatertransparency and changing regulatory requirements.Learn more about FAAS.
What is an EY graduate program?
If you’ve graduated from university, or will do soon, our FAAS Graduate Programs could be just the job for you. You’ll be part of a team working with interesting clients, while earning a salary. We’ll help you develop the things you’re naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too. By the time you finish, you’ll be professionally qualified and ready to progress with us.
Your key responsibilities
• Assist and support clients in the preparation of consolidated financial statements and improving their financial reporting
• Assist clients in improving and implementing efficient financial reporting processes
• Assist clients in applying IFRS and GAAP: conversions, implementation of new standards, accounting opinions, etc.
• Ensure that engagements are executed in accordance with the firm’s methodologies and guidance, professional standards and local legal and regulatory requirements
• Support clients to develop analytical tools or financial models for their daily operations
• Getting to know our clients, their businesses and how they work to provide the right service
Skills and attributes for success
• Commercial acumen
• Team player
• Ability to prioritize and work under tight deadlines
• Ability to adapt to changes
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Confidence to work effectively in a high-energy, fast-moving environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and English
To qualify for the role, you must have
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree: Accounting, Finance, Mathematics or any Technology related degree
Bachelor’s degree: completed within the past 18 months of applying to the graduate program
Master’s Programs/Master’s Degree: completed within the past 18 months with no relevant work experience for more than 6 months or students who started their Masters directly after completing their bachelor degree.
• Available to start full-time job in September or October 2020
• Bahraini nationals only will be considered for this role
What we look for
We are interested in people who are naturally curious and love to learn. You like to work with others and build relationships with both colleagues and clients. You are goal-oriented and implement business thinking with the ambition to develop and strive for providing good service. Furthermore, you are structured, have good analytical skills and of course a genuine interest in FAAS. In return, you can expect the support of great colleagues, and the industry-recognized training you’ll need to grow in your career. If you’re a fast learner with great organizational skills and a genuine interest in FAAS, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
• Support, feedback and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Within your first year of joining EY, you’ll register and commence studying for a professional qualification that is relevant to your role in FAAS. The relevant professional qualifications are the Chartered Certified Accountant by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or any other relevant qualification. In line with our professional qualifications policy, we’ll support you in obtaining the professional qualification that is right for you.
• Developed system of performance management and career development that enables you to have the freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
• Opportunity to work in an international environment
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
The MENA practice of EY has been operating in the region since 1923. For over 90 years, we have grown to over 7,500 people united across 21 offices and 16 countries, sharing the same values and an unwavering commitment to quality. As an organization, we continue to develop outstanding leaders who deliver exceptional services to our clients and who contribute to our communities. We are proud of our accomplishments over the years, reaffirming our position as the largest and most established professional services organization in the region.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please complete the online application as soon as possible. Make sure to answer all questions.
• Step 1: Apply
Make sure you apply early and do not forget to follow the instructions carefully and answer all the questions to ensure your application is successful.
• Step 2: Test
After we review your application, you will receive an invitation email from ‘EY Careers’ to complete the EY online assessments. Approach the tests as you would approach any new challenge. It might be tough, but you can do it!
• Step 3: OnDemand Interview
Upon passing the assessments, you will receive an email invitation to complete a prerecorded video interview. You will be required to record yourself responding to behavioral based questions. Being yourself is key to passing this step of the recruitment process.
• Step 4: Attend
Once you have been shortlisted, you may be invited to attend a recruitment day or an interview. This is your opportunity to visit our office, speak with our peoplec and ask questions about life and work at EY.
• Step 5: Receive
If you are a great fit for the opportunity, you will receive an offer to join EY and begin your career at one of the best companies to work for. It’s time to celebrate.
Join us in building a better working world.
Learn more about Life@EY by following our social media channels:
Facebook @EYMENACareers ,Twitter @EY_CareersMENA ,Instagram@EYCareersMENA ,LinkedInEY