We are looking to hire a Business Analyst who will contribute to the growth and development of EY’s Knowledge Analytics function. This role focuses on business analytics supporting the implementation of a robust analytics capability that measures the success of core knowledge products and services and brings visibility of the impact/ value of knowledge investments to the business. This includes leveraging innovative technology and advanced analytical approaches that monitor trends, extract and synthesize data, deliver meaningful and predictive insights with business context.
The position will be responsible for understanding the analytics needs from the business, applying data engineering skills along with data science knowledge to solve business problems, communicate the analytics outcomes through compelling visuals and data stories. It would involve designing, developing, validating, scaling, and optimizing analytics solutions. This includes defining KPIs aligned to strategic products and services, measuring the performance against targets, and providing analysis and insight that recognizes trends and offers predictive considerations to help support business decisions.
This position works across EY Knowledge to deliver analytics based on strategic needs and that serve to support and enhance activities that are part of integrated knowledge plans. This position also inputs into the development and maintenance of the analytics methodology to support the strategy.
The outputs of this position leads to insights that support strategic decision-making, along with ideas to automate, innovate, and enhance the measurement and reporting process and acts as a mentor and guide to others in matters relating to analytics and measurement.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Synthesize complex topics into simpler, intuitive business language to communicate with business stakeholders and technical team of Data Engineers
· Analyze, visualize, and provide analytics on massive amounts of data captured daily to build analytics solutions to support various knowledge initiatives
· Manage a geographically dispersed audience to understand their business problem and provide analytical solution
· Design, develop, test, launch and manage new analytics reports & existing analytic dashboards working with data engineers and business stakeholders
· Manage and optimize data sources
· Explore and recommend emerging technologies and techniques to support/enhance BI landscape components
· Integrate external reporting solutions with internal applications; Automate solutions where appropriate
· Build rich and dynamic dashboards using out-of-box features, customizations, and visualizations
· Participate in peer design and certification reviews
· Participate in the creation and support of BI development standards and best practices
· Manages reports and dashboards running in production
· Utilze visual concepts and data visualization techniques using tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
· Possess firm understanding of technical problems and proactively provide solutions that apply emerging business technologies in relation to existing business processes.
Analytical/ Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Ability to synthesize and analyze data coherently and succinctly. Able to bring together a variety of sources to deliver impactful analysis that supports business priorities.
· Incumbents routinely face a range of problems (both strategic and tactical) and must consider various possible courses of action before taking or recommending further steps.
· Understands the firm’s go-to-market strategy and service delivery models, how core business services support the service lines, and how knowledge analytics and measurement enables exceptional client service and high performing teams.
· Understands EY’s NextWave vision and Knowledge Transformation, and ensures key knowledge analytics and measurement deliverables are aligned to them
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Strong logical and analytical mindset with strong stakeholder management experience
· Ability to synthesize complex topics into simpler, intuitive business language to communicate with stakeholders and Data Engineers
· Good knowledge of data analytics architectures and standards, including data warehouses, master data management, ETL, OLAP, meta data management, data quality management, advanced analytics, reporting and self-service BI ;
· Experience in data manipulation using R/ Python, Alteryx, SQL etc.
· Strong data storytelling and visualization expertise
· Consulting and business facing skills i.e. relationship building and influencing skills
· Knowledge of web analytics and metrics concepts
· Ability to create compelling presentations using data visualization techniques, using EY-standard data visualization tools, e.g. Power BI, Tableau
· Eye for detail to spot any data quality issues and remediation
· Experience with MS Office Platforms like MS Excel, MS Power Point
· Understanding of the business and demonstrated commercial acumen using commercial language that presents knowledge activities in the context of business objectives
· Ability to demonstrate strong written and oral communication skills to talk about knowledge programs in a clear, compelling manner with a professional/executive presence
Nice to have:
· Ability to analyze large amounts of information, identify critical elements, synthesize into insights/observations, and articulate recommendations
· Ability to interpret internal business issues and recommend solutions / best practices
· Provide innovative solutions and new thinking to business needs and complex issues
· Must be able to work independently, complete multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Define team member roles and job responsibilities, action plans and deliverables as relevant
· Ensure successful KPIs/measurement, reporting and support is in place to communicate progress, success or escalate issues so that teams succeed in meeting their goals.
· Flexibility in working hours to accommodate multiple time zones as needed
· Overtime, as needed to meet deadlines.
· 4 years minimum of relevant experience in a professional data analytics and data management (ETL, manipulating) role
· Ideally, experience in knowledge measurement and analytics program in large, complex organization an advantage
· Ideally, experience working remotely