Data Analyst, EY Transaction Advisory Services (TAS) - Nicosia
At EY we support you in achieving your unique potential both personally and professionally. We give you stretching and rewarding experiences that keep you motivated, working in an atmosphere of integrity and teaming with some of the world's most successful companies.
And while we encourage you to take personal responsibility for your career, we support you in your professional development in every way we can. You enjoy the flexibility to devote time to what matters to you, in your business and personal lives. At EY you can be who you are and express your point of view, energy and enthusiasm, wherever you are in the world. It's how you make a difference.
We are currently seeking to recruit a highly motivated Data Analyst for our Transaction Advisory Services practice. Being part of the broader TAS team, you will be responsible for identifying appropriate modelling techniques to answer the most critical business questions and use your analysis to infer well substantiated business insights in support of your clients’ decision making.
You will use your knowledge and experience to shape solutions and conduct statistical analyses and evaluate large data sets. You will be also responsible for the analytical process from task definition to analysis modelling and interpretation of results.
To qualify for the role you must have:
· Strong academic background, including at a minimum a bachelor or a master’s degree in Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Financial Engineering, Econometrics, Computer Science, or any other related field.
· Highly numerate with a strong technical knowledge and experience of applying analytical and modelling techniques to provide insights to business issues.
· Proven experience with one major data science and statistics language (Ideally Python but also knowledge of R language could also be considered).
· Knowledge of writing and tuning SQL.
· Experience in designing, building, testing and validating models using a large number of statistical and other quantitative techniques.
· Strong analytical mind-set, ability and experience to analyse complex data, including transactional, behavioural, web and research data.
Ideally you will also have:
· Relevant work experience of at least 3 years would be considered as an advantage (could also be evidenced by PhD).
· Excellent understanding of the mathematical theory behind common machine learning algorithms for solving classification and regression problems in supervised and unsupervised learning.
· Good knowledge of web scraping techniques.
· Any consulting / advisory services experience would also considered as a big advantage.
What working at EY offers:
EY offers a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your personal and team performance. We are committed to being an inclusive employer and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements.
Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.