This open role is for an integrated data platform that allows different service lines to perform various data management activities including onboard data, perform data ingestion, data processing, mapping to centralized taxonomy and then consume data for their respective product offering needs to support their clients. There is also potential to collaborate on additional platforms and offerings within the Client Technology group.
What are you going to do?
· Leads the delivery of processes to extract, transform and load data from disparate sources into a form that is consumable by analytics processes, for projects with moderate complexity, using strong technical capabilities.
· Designs, develops and produces data models of relatively high complexity, leveraging a sound understanding of data modelling standards to ensure high quality.
· Builds networks with other departments across the business to help define and deliver business value, and may interface and communicate with program teams, management and stakeholders as required to deliver small to medium-sized projects.
· Applies advanced big data concepts to ingest, process and transform data and store data in variety storage technologies.
· Applies Graph and AI/ML to data and data components supporting business requirements.
· Leads the production of high-quality data engineering deliverables, helping to ensure project timelines are met, and providing informal mentoring / training to junior members of the team.
· Leads the delivery of data quality reviews including data cleansing where required to ensure integrity and quality.
· Leads the delivery of data models, data storage models and data migration to manage data within the organization, for a small to medium-sized project.
· Resolves escalated design and implementation issues with moderate to high complexity.
· Analyzes the latest industry trends such as cloud computing and distributed processing and beginning to infer risks and benefits of their use in business.
· Provides technical expertise to maximize value from current applications, solutions, infrastructure and emerging technologies and seek to continuously improve internal processes.
· Develops working relationships with peers across other engineering teams and beginning to collaborate to develop leading data engineering solutions.
· Drives adherence to the relevant data engineering and data modelling processes, procedures and standards.
What do we need from you?
· Experience with Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Kafka, EventHub.
· Good knowledge of Docker / Containers and Event Driven Architectures.
· Expertise withAzure functions, Azure Key Vault integration, Azure blob storage configurations.
· Hands-on experience with Azure Databricks, Delta Lake, Azure Functions, Azure Data Factory.
· Hands-on experience in developing AI/ML algorithms to detect data anomalies and patterns using Python, R and similar technologies.
· Expertise with Graph Databases - Azure Cosmos/Gremlin, Neo4j, Spark GraphFrames.
· Expertise in NoSQL Databases – CosmosDB, MongoDB.
· Expertise in index, search and exploration using Elastic.
· Hands-on experience with Programming Languages – Java, Node.js, Python, R, SQL, XML
· Relational SMP Databases – Azure SQL PaaS, PostgreSQL, Synapse.
· APIGEE, AKS (nice to have).
· Azure Cognitive Services, Databricks MLFlow is a big plus.
· Elasticsearch, Kibana (nice to have).
· B.S. in Actuarial, Behavior Economics, Computer Science, Data Analytics, Data Science, Econometrics, Engineering, IT, Cyber Security, or related field preferred.
· Strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
· A self-starter, independent-thinker, curious and creative person with ambition and passion.
· Excellent inter-personal, communication, collaboration, and presentation skills.
· Customer focused.
· Excellent time management skills.
· Positive and constructive minded.
· Takes responsibility for continuous self-learning.
· Takes the lead and makes decisions in critical times and tough circumstances.
· Attention to detail.
· High levels of integrity and honesty.
Shift: Monday to Friday from 9 to 6 PM.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer, values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.