Technology has always been at the heart of what we do and deliver at EY. We need technology to keep an organization the size of ours working efficiently. We have 250,000 people in more than 140 countries, all of whom rely on secure technology to be able to do their job every single day. Everything from the laptops we use, to the ability to work remotely on our mobile devices and connecting our people and our clients, to enabling hundreds of internal tools and external solutions delivered to our clients. Technology solutions are integrated in the client services we deliver and is key to us being more innovative as an organization.
EY Technology supports our technology needs through three business units:
Client Technology (CT) - focuses on developing new technology services for our clients. It enables EY toidentify new technology-based opportunities faster, and pursue those opportunities more rapidly.
Enterprise Technology (ET) – ET supports our Core Business Services functions and will deliver fit-for-purpose technology infrastructure at the most affordable possible cost for quality services. ET will also support our internal technology needs by focusing on a better user experience.
Information Security (Info Sec) - Info Sec prevents, detects, responds and mitigates cyber-risk, protecting EY and client data, and our information management systems.
As part of the Enterprise Data Management team you will be building the next generation data platform and driving the adoption of this across the organization. As Data Architect, your responsibilities include three distinct areas; the first, to identify relevant data within the organization, second, support consolidation of data across the organization and finally ensure the delivery of business value from this data. Through this work you will build the overall awareness for the data discipline and the value this brings to all layers of the business.
Your key responsibilities
· Work with service owners and domain owners on a continuous basis to help identify relevant data sources, define, improve and optimize the data cleaning, transformation and storage of such data.
· The role will have you designing conceptual and logical data models and flowcharts, analyzing structural requirements for new software and applications, determining data migration strategies, coordinating with EY’s Data Scientists to identify future needs and requirements and optimizing new database systems.
· Regular interaction with the target data consumers, including Application Teams, Management and IT Users will help you identify potential opportunities to drive further business value from the data collected.
· Interface with the Unified Command Center product owner and other owners of critical data repositories within the IT organization to ensure a consistent overarching data concept for IT relevant data.
· Will be responsible for developing and maintaining appropriate data governance practices and ensure that these are in alignment with the business requirements. Together with the internal Information Security Organization you will ensure that all business and country specific data access/retention controls are met and support all reporting and audit requests related to the data collected.
· Within this role, will drive organizational wide initiatives related to Business IT Data Value, and evangelize the disciplines associated with this. You should bring a strong passion for working with data, and proven examples of delivering business value from IT Data.
Skills and attributes for success
· Minimum of 10 years experience in IT and 5 years as a Data Architect, Data Scientist, Data Analyst or similar role with 3 years in relevant large-scale data project(s)
· An understanding of database structure principles with proficiency in SQL, Oracle and data lake technologies
· Experience gathering and analyzing system requirements and knowledge of data mining and segmentation techniques. Demonstrated analytical and systematic approach to complex problem solving
· Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, D3.js and R)
· Experience in developing, deploying and supporting a large-scale reporting infrastructure
· Understanding of complex business and IT processes
· Solid understanding of modern data architectures
· Broad exposure to core business processes (finance, Sales, HR, marketing, IT,..) and the associated data challenges
· Leadership role in creating, implementing and supporting cross-organizational processes
· Success in delivering business value across devise global organizations
· Ability to develop and communicate a vision to different levels of the organization
· Strong judgement, tact and decision-making ability
· Fluent English skills in speech and writing
· Strong communication, teamwork and collaboration skills
· Self-supporting and independent attitude
· Demonstrate the capability to work within a dynamic, fast paced environment with shifting priorities and tight deadlines.
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change.
· Ability to work across large and complex organization structures, and across global teams, supporting cultural differences and motives
· Ability to work independently in a global organization within the context of a virtual team.
To qualify for the role, you must have
· (Desirable) Awareness of SAP core ERP modules (finance, procurement, CRM and HR) or like systems
· (Desirable) Awareness of Service Now or like systems
· (Desirable) Experience with MSFT Azure Data related services and capabilities
· ITIL certification is desirable.
Ideally, you’ll also have
· Bachelor or Masters degree in related discipline, or equivalent work experience (Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, etc.)
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
· Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
· Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
· The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build abetter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities andcreativefreedom to make things better.Whenever you join, however long you stay, theexceptionalEY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.