As part of Global Tax Platform (GTP) team you will be part of a client technology organization that develops and maintains innovative solutions for our client-serving Tax professionals.
The purpose of the role, and the combined contributions of the roles of this team, is to serve the aggregate technology needs of a Tax Service Line and its products including building relationships with assigned practice areas and the various product sponsors within them, technical tax professionals, internal technology professionals, external clients and third-party software vendors.
Essential Functions of the Job:
· Responsible for partnering with Product management, Product Owners, Platform Architects and other business analysts in the definition and delivery of long-term business and technology strategies for GTP through the application of domain knowledge and enterprise analysis; fostering reuse and continuity throughout
· Plan and manage the BA approach; communicating, driving and managing the business analysis effort for the Portfolio throughout all phases of the GTP project lifecycle
· Lead business analysis for assigned project/portfolio ensuring communication and collaboration is maintained with other project/portfolio teams
· Actively review requirements traceability for impact and coverage analysis throughout the platform
· Work with the Analysis Community of Practice to ensure consistent application of the business analysis standards and advise on exceptions
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities:
· Ability to clearly articulate both problems and proposed solutions
· Proactive approach to identifying issues and presenting solutions and options, and where appropriate, leading to resolution
· Ability to prioritize personal and team workloads to best meet organizational objectives
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Experience working effectively and building relationships with and between teams, external vendors and internal clients at varying executive levels
· Flexibility to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity, and rapid change based on client needs
· TAX or Finance domain knowledge
· Experience leading junior BAs to provide analysis and requirements, ensure consistency, accuracy and quality of BA deliverables on larger initiatives
· Expert on industry-standard, structured business analysis techniques (i.e., user stories, use cases, UML/logical modeling, BABOK, etc.) appropriately modifying according to the decided software development methodology (i.e., Agile, Iterative, SCRUM, RUP, Waterfall, etc.) in use.
· Knowledge of Agile/SCRUM and/or SAFe and experience with these would-be a plus.
· Experience using, training and driving others to use requirements management, modeling, and change control software(s)
· Occasional overnight travel may be required
· A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, accounting, finance preferred) or equivalent work experience.
· Master's degree preferred
· 8+ years of relevant experience
· Management experience a plus
· CBAP or CBATL certification preferred.
EY provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.