ENGIE is a global energy company, a leading provider of electricity, natural gas, and energy services. With 153,090 employees in more than 70 countries worldwide, ENGIE achieved revenue of €66.6 billion in 2016. ENGIE is committed to being a leader in the energy transition.
We are looking for talented and motivated people to create the future of energy. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity, and help us meet the energy challenges of today and tomorrow.
Global Energy Management (GEM) is one of ENGIE's Business Units. We deliver services in supply and logistics management, asset management, risk management, market access management, while contributing to the market understanding, design and efficiency and developing market solutions to accelerate the energy transition.
GEM manages one of the largest and most diversified energy portfolios in Europe, including electricity, natural gas, bulk commodities and environmental products.
With 5 trading platforms and activities in more than 50 countries, GEM has an extended geographical coverage in Europe, Asia-Pacific and in the US. It employs 1,300 people around the world.
The GEM Back Office Department is looking for a Transversal Analyst within the Transversal Projects team to work in a dynamic and changing world, fast paced team with a key focus on the portfolio optimization, project management and the process improvement, working with multiple stakeholders globally on a daily basis in order to meet demanding business objectives.
Within the Trading Support, you will be working closely with the Capital and Performance, Risk team in reducing risk exposures & capital requirements. You will provide the C&P desk an operational processing and control service, performing numerous risk reducing exercises such as CCP (Central Counterparty Clearing House) backloading, novation's, termination and compression. You will be responsible for handling ongoing or new project. You will be working closely with GEM BO teams to ensure that all project requirements, deadlines, and schedules are on track.
· · You will ensure that projects meet deadlines and be able to react to the change.
· - You lead and co-ordinate across teams with internal stakeholders novation's, termination, compression and Portfolio optimization.
· - You liaise with Front Office & other Support Functions for a better Business activities understanding
· - You will participate to projects aiming for process improvements and automation inside and outside GEM Back Office Department.
· - You will organize work streams required to perform successfully critical projects
· - You will liaise with all Back Office members to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives.
· - Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise.
· - Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
Education & professional background
- You have studied finance/management/Economics in a higher education institution.
- You have experience in a complex environment, particularly in dealing rooms/Back-office/Middle Office.
- Ideally experience in performing novation's, termination or compression.
Technical & operational competencies
- You have experience with multiple points of contact and complex cases/situations.
- Knowledge of energy and financial products (Front office to Accounting)
- You are well-versed in office tools (in particular Excel).
- You have a good affinity with IT systems, digital way of working & information systems (ETRM - Meteor - Reuters – Bloomberg - Fattura). - A very good knowledge of VBA is appreciated.
- You are client focused and willing to have extensive interactions with internal and external stakeholders.
· - You have business sense, good customer relations skills, analytical and summary skills, good organizational skills, team spirit and a curious nature.
- You are thorough, independent and take initiative.
- You can anticipate and plan ahead (proactiveness), and work in a cross-functional environment with various (internal and external) points of contact
· - You are able to work under pressure
· - As a key user you are able challenge the process and interact with the IT
· - Adept to project and change management
· You are fluent in French, English.
· Dutch, Italian are a plus
· Paris Engie Tower T1
· Travels: Brussels (occasional)
· Posting Date: Sep 17, 2018