ENGIE Laborelec is a leading expertise and research centre in electrical power technology. Drawing on the skills of 280 highly specialized engineers and technicians, the company is active in the whole electricity value chain and supports a wide range of customers in generation, transmission, distribution, storage and final use of electricity, particularly focusing on the energy transition and the 3 Ds - decentralization, decarbonization and digitization.
All forms of electricity generation come within our capabilities, whether centralized or decentralized, from fossil and nuclear to renewable technologies. Directly or indirectly, we also work for a wide spectrum of other customers, including grid operators, large industries, SMEs, cities, regions or residential prosumers.
With a firm focus on delivering value for our customers, we combine expert knowledge and operational experience with state-of-the-art analysis and measurement capabilities to provide operational research and development services, specialized expertise and customized global solutions.
Established in 1962 to support electricity companies with a wide range of specialized services, Laborelec is today a cooperative company, with ENGIE and independent grid operators as shareholders. Laborelec has a global presence, with activities in more than 60 countries and offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Germany, Chile and Abu Dhabi.
Within our department specialized in Electrical Equipment (EEQ), we seek to appoint an Expert in the domain of Power Transformers.
As a Transformer Expert, you will come into contact with aspects of the entire electricity value chain: production (Nuclear, Classical, or Renewable), transmission, distribution and industry (end user).
You will work in a team of electrical experts but also with our in house oil laboratory or material laboratory. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with universities, research centres and expert groups at home and abroad.
· Drafting transformer specifications
· Comparison offers from transformer suppliers
· Design review from suppliers of Power Transformer assets
· Follow up construction at supplier facilities
· Follow up SAT / FAT
· Condition assessment of Transformers
· Root Cause Analysis
· Material Analysis
Are you passionate about technology, and are you considering a career as an Expert?
· You are a civil or industrial engineer or equally from experience specialized in Electricity or Electro-Mechanics.
· You have a complete expertise in the domain of Power Transformers.
· Minimum 2 years' experience in Large Power Transformer design.
· You are recognized for your expertise.
· You are able to give theoretical and practical trainings in your expertise domain.
· You are able to make recommendations based on your expertise as well keep yourself updated with market evolutions.
· You are able to create strategic value for Laborelec and customers based on your expertise.
· You are able to analyses customer demands and develop an appropriate commercial proposals related to needed service deliveries.
· You are customer oriented and able to build a trust relation with them.
· You are a good communicator and able to work independently as part of a small team.
· Fluent verbal and written English allowing working in international environment, knowledge of Dutch / or French is advantageous.
· Expertise of other HV equipment would be an advantage.
· You are prepared to travel mainly in but also outside Europe.
Then don't hesitate to apply for this vacancy!
ENGIE Laborelec offers you:
· An exciting career in a leading research and competence centre, with prospects within ENGIE, the international energy player of which we are apart
· A competitive salary supplemented with many benefits
· A healthy work/life balance
Your HR contact person
Eline Blanc - email@example.com
Workplace : ENGIE Laborelec - Rodestraat 125 - 1630 Linkebeek
· Posting Date: Dec 3, 2019