At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: Quality Control & Commissioning Technician
As a Quality Control & Commissioning Technician, you will manage quality control and assurance and commissioning standards, perform quality inspections of projects, track QAQC data points, assist other ENGIE personal and external contractors with quality standards, engage with our engineering team in an ongoing feedback loop.
Chicago OR Austin/BD/Solar
Salary - Exempt
Essential Job Functions
· Manage ENGIE quality control and assurance and commissioning standards
· Maintain database of commissioning and quality documents
· Create new quality documents on an as needed basis
· Interface with other ENGIE entities including NA and EU entities to knowledge share and learn
· Work to harmonize quality and commissioning standards across ENGIE
· Strive to ensure EDS is a thought and action leader in quality and commissioning standards
· Perform quality inspections and commissioning of projects
· Site visits
· Ensure projects are installed to ENGIE standards as well as applicable Codes, Standards, Permits etc.
· Paperwork validation
· Phone and electronic project support
· Punch list creation and tracking
· Track quality inspection data points and publish to company on a quarterly basis
· Assist other ENGIE personal, departments and companies with understanding, using and interpreting quality standards and documents
· Assist external contractors with understanding using and interpreting quality standards and documents
· Engage Engineering team in an ongoing feedback loop to ensure construction feedback is reviewed and incorporated into basis of design
· Solicit contractor feedback
· Solicit engineering feedback
· Maintain knowledge base of relevant Codes, Standards and best practices in construction, design, and commissioning
· Maintain company knowledge base files and documents
· Keep abreast via self-education and external trainings
· Ability to identify unsafe working conditions and practices and immediately respond to them in a manner compliant with best practices, industry standards, company guidelines and common sense
· A keen eye for detail, nuance and subtlety
· Keep records, files, and project data in company database
· Communicate effectively with colleagues, contractors, inspectors, clients and others
· Schedule your time in advance
· Handle everchanging situations as the course of normal business
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting
· Seasonal travel to project sites can be up to 60%
· Ability to work remotely when required
· Ability to climb ladders, stair towers, steps, work in excavations, extreme weather conditions, both hot and cold
· Be comfortable on a roof, a large active construction site, and a board room
· Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar position
· Electrical Industrial/Commercial Construction required
· Rooftop C&I and Ground mount Solar PV is required
· MS Office Suite required
· TCP/IP is highly preferred
· Civil and mechanical (solar PV) construction is highly preferred
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Feb 4, 2020