QA/QC ENGINEER - SWCC
Tractebel, part of ENGIE group has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world’s largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of energy projects such as renewable energy, conventional power generation, power transmission & distribution, gas & LNG. Tractebel’ s ambition is to bring excellent, multidisciplinary engineering skills into shaping a new sustainable living environment.
The working environment
QA/QC Engineer, MEP backgroundwith specialization in Water Generation Projects to support its Ongoing projects in Saudi Arabia. The ideal candidate for this role should have working experience in the utility scale power and water projects including that of the Independent Water and Power Projects (IWPP) and Independent Water Projects (IWP).
To manage and ensure Project Quality of the construction of the seawater desalination project as the leader of Owner’s Engineer (OE) team. The mission includes managing the Construction quality and Turnover packages of the EPC Contractor’s works, lead the site engineers and inspectors, report to the Client and senior management.
You Will direct report to the QHSE Manager and Project Manager in Saudi Arabia. The job Will base in the West Coast of Saudi Arabia or at Project site.
· Ensure compliance with client requirements, quality policy, standards, regulatory and project procedures and standards through establishing the project quality assurance and quality control(QA/QC) system.
· Manage evaluation and reporting on project contractor’s quality system (QMSs).
· Interact with construction and Engineering teams to maintain project services supply and introduction of new quality metrics and methodologies.
· Report to top management on the performance of the QMS, corrective actions, including the need for improvement and conduct periodic quality review meetings
· Develop and implement QA/QC strategies and QA methodologies at sites.
· Performing QA/QC checks, audits & site quality reviews.
· Ensuring quality plan is implemented at site.
· Monitoring quality observations, NCRs, analyse the root cause, remedial and preventive measures and follow up till closure
· Review test reports from third party laboratories, contractors, vendors etc.
· Reviewing method statements and inspection test plans prior are being implemented.
· Coordinating in walk downs, review and follow up punch list.
· You will lead site team comprising of the site engineers and the site inspectors.
· Be the focal point to the Client’s and the EPC Contractor’s Construction Manager and work closely with the Client and the EPC Contractor.
· Manage the project deliverables including the NCR’s, site inspection reports, punch list etc.
The candidate shall be a holder of university degree in engineering, preferably Electrical engineering or mechanical engineering with not less than Ten (10) years’ experience in construction Quality activities
For Saudi nationals, Six (6) years’ experience or a master in the same specialization with not less than Four (4) years’ experience in construction projects
· Familiarization with the projects based on Reverse Osmosis/Desalination technologies
· Quality Assurance/Control Management
· Policy, Processes and Procedure Development
· Continuous Improvement (PDCA Cycle)
· Internal process and product service audit as per ISO 9001-2015
· Good technical/commercial writing skills
· Good presentational and influencing skills
· Ability to manage meetings with the Clients/EPC Contractors
· Fluency in English, Arabic is an advantage
· This will be a single Status Contract
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A fixed period contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Middle-East
Tractebel Engineering delivers consulting missions in power/water generation, power transmission and distribution, power systems, asset management and natural gas to public and private utilities as well as to energy intensive industry all over the world. Tractebel Middle East has its headquarters in Dubai, with additional regional offices in Abu Dhabi, Qatar and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Dec 17, 2019