At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Job: IT Analyst, HR & Payroll
This permanent position is responsible for providing functional and technical support to the HR and Payroll department.
Houston, TX / IT
Essential Job Functions
· Provide IT production support for the (ADP Vantage) system used by the Human Resource, Benefits and Payroll departments (this includes assisting with data loads, security setup, workflow administration, Time and Attendance configuration)
· Research and resolution of complex payroll and time keeping issues
· Work with Payroll Director to define and implement additional Timekeeping policies including pay rules, function access profiles, absence management profiles
· Prepare ad hoc reports using ADPR
· Partner with third parties or other internal groups for resolution on system issues and activities
· Audit data to ensure integrity of data is maintained in the system
· Resolve escalated tickets from the HR Service Center
· Work with the system users to identify process improvement opportunities
· Other special projects as assigned
· Self-starter with excellent time and task management skills
· Ability to work independently with or without direction and/or supervision.
· Ability to prioritize and multitask. Flexibility and adaptability in work approach.
· Calmness and clarity of thought under pressure and ability to maintain confidentially
· Demonstrated team player; ability to work and communicate effectively to a broad range of people and roles
· Accept responsibility and personal accountability
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
· Ability to handle assignments with a high degree of accuracy
· Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
· Strong in system and process documentation skills
· For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting.
· B.S. MIS, Computer Science or related discipline
· 3+ years experience with the ADP Vantage solution at intermediate to expert level proficiency (Data Bridge and Time and Attendance experience required)
· 5+ years minimum of HRIS production support experience, must include Payroll and Timekeeping support
· Knowledge of payroll concepts such as (overtime calculations, job costing, 401K, and other special calculations)
· Working knowledge of SQL queries
· Proficient in MS Office Programs (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Jan 23, 2020