At ENGIE North America, innovation and excellence create a platform for growth. We have a range of businesses in the United States and Canada, including clean power generation, cogeneration, and energy storage; retail energy sales; and comprehensive services to help customers run their facilities more efficiently and optimize energy and other resource use and expense. Nearly 100 percent of our power generation portfolio is low carbon or renewable. Globally, ENGIE is the largest independent power producer and energy efficiency services provider in the world, with operations in 70 countries employing 150,000 people, including 1,000 researchers in 11 R&D centers.
We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future.
The Role: Internship Wholesale Market Operations
The Commercial Operations group of ENGIE Energy Marketing is involved in arranging for the sale and physical delivery of electricity from power plants, and additionally arranges for the purchase and receipt of physical energy for ENGIE’s retail load. The Commercial Operations group also validates the amounts that ENGIE owes to, or is owed by, the various Independent System Operators territories in which ENGIE does business. The intern will participate in these activities which are key to the value chain of ENGIE’s power plants and ENGIE’s retail electricity businesses.
Houston/ENGIE Energy Marketing
Essential Job Functions
· Assist with daily bidding and scheduling of Retail load in multiple Independent System Operator markets in which ENGIE has retail load.
· Assist with daily scheduling of physical bilateral transactions in multiple Independent System Operator markets.
· Assist in managing ISO portal access credentials for those users in Houston and other ENGIE offices, who need access.
· Assist with ISO settlements of Demand Response resources in ISO-NE.
· Participate in, and as may be necessary, provide support for the startup of new Demand Response resources in ISO-NE.
· Develop documentation for scheduling and settlements processes.
· Carries out other duties as assigned.
· For this position, you must have evidence of right to work in the U.S. There is no employer sponsorship of U.S. residency or work authorization with this role.
· Must be able to work at least 40 hours per week.
· Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Must have the ability to think analytically, present ideas professionally, and work in project teams.
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel.
Essential Physical Abilities
· Ability to meet highest attendance requirements
· Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally.
· Ability to handle multiple assignments on a timely basis with a high degree of accuracy.
· Ability to use personal computer, calculator, etc.
· Could involve some lifting.
· Must be at least a junior or senior (by end of spring semester) working toward a Bachelor’s degree in an analytical field of endeavor, or Master’s/MBA student working towards a master’s in an analytical field.
· Must possess a 3.0 GPA or better
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is not exposed to weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
For this role you must have authorization to work in the United States. Qualified applicants are considered for employment, and employees are treated during employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or expression, genetic information or any other legally protected status.
This job advertisement is supported by the ENGIE Talent Acquisition team. Agency involvement is not required. All related inquires must be done to the Talent Acquisition team, not direct to ENGIE North America Managers.
· Posting Date: Aug 28, 2019