ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Development Engineer to be based at Regeneration House, Gorsey Ln, Coleshill, Birmingham, B46 1JU. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive industry salary and high quality benefits package.
The Development Engineer is given the responsibility to work with a multidisciplinary team to develop projects from an outline brief and specification for large construction projects.
To upkeep and manage project drawing registers.
To perform project document control & management in line with the company Quality Management System.
Assessing the feasibility (technical and commercial) of new connections to our district heating networks or stand-alone new district heating schemes.
Liaise with both internal and external clients, contractors and suppliers.
Creation of Piping & instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs) and Engineering Schematics in 2D AutoCAD.
To be in charge of concept and Detail (ideally) design of energy centre, CHP, boiler, chiller and district heating network installations AutoCAD and/or Revit.
Required to perform site visits and surveys to collect data for creating designs.
Size and specify heating and cooling generation plant for DH.
Operate within and adhere to the company Health & Safety policy and procedures.
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
· BEng / BSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar, minimum of a 2:1 standard).
· Approximately 2-4 years of experience in a relevant field or similar role.
· An ability to size and specify heating and cooling generation plant for DH.
· Experience of working with multidisciplinary teams for large construction projects
· Experience of working with Excel and specifically financial models would be an advantage
· MEng / MSc Mechanical Engineering Degree (or similar subject).
· Working towards CEng Chartered Engineer status.
· Supplementary safety and industry specific training (such as CSCS card, IOSH, CIBSE courses).
· Supplementary courses and qualifications in AutoCAD, CADWorx Plant Professional or other industry leading CAD and modelling packages.
· Experience of working on modelling softwares like EnergyPro, Termis etc.
· An ability to size and specify major plant such as boilers, CHP engines, pumps, heat exchangers and chillers.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
If you are a disabled applicant and meet the minimum outlined in the job description, you will be given the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities at interview.
· Posting Date: Aug 12, 2019