Design Structural Engineer
T ractebel, part of ENGIE group, has more than 150 years of experience and is one of the world's largest engineering consultancy companies. Our high-level engineering and advisory services offer added value across the full cycle of urban projects such as cities, transport, buildings and complex structures, water infrastructure, geo-engineering and environment. Tractebel's ambition is to shape a sustainable living environment.
The Working Environment
The Competence Centre Structural Engineering, part of the URBAN-line of Tractebel-ENGIE, is looking for a STEEL/CONCRETE DESIGN ENGINEER FOR BUILDINGS. Your work location is the office of Tractebel Engie in Namur. The team takes part in a broad scale of different projects, in collaboration with the other entities of Tractebel and the ENGIE group, in Belgium as well as international.
· You will be part of a small project team with monodisciplinary stability engineers and draftsmen for project with a strong focus on concrete and steel structures for different types of buildings.
· You are responsible for the design of the buildings, from concept to execution study.
· You are responsible for ensuring the budget, the agreed scope, the timing and the quality of the engineering activities. You ensure that your projects are carried out in accordance with our internal quality system and with our safety and health rules.
· You report the progress of all your project to the head of the Competence Centre Structural Engineering in Brussels.
· You guide young engineers by actively participating in their trainings and by bringing them up to a higher level by knowledge sharing.
· You improve the integrated design process by looking transversally to the various other disciplines involved, such as infrastructure works.
· You respond to the needs of the client and are client oriented.
· You prepare offers and contracts and present them to the client in consultation with the commercial team.
· As design engineer you actively promote and establish BIM collaboration procedures according to our company vision where applicable.
· You have a master's degree in engineering (M.Sc.Eng.) – civil engineering.
· You have at least 5 years of relevant technical experience in projects related to the design and engineering of different types of buildings.
· You have knowledge of the conceptual design of buildings and you have a good vision of the applicable building techniques.
· You are communicative and a team player.
· You are client oriented and flexible.
· A thorough knowledge of French or Dutch is essential and your knowledge of English must be good.
· You are willing to make occasional international trips for our international cooperation and international projects specifically for the field of "buildings".
What we offer
· An interesting and varied job in an international environment with a good work/life balance.
· A stable work environment where professional growth and development are connected.
· An attractive compensation package with fringe benefits.
· A permanent contract to ensure the roles offered are in accordance with your skills, interests, career goals and lifestyle.
More about Tractebel Belgium
Tractebel was born in Belgium 150 years ago and today is proud to be one of the world's largest engineering players for energy, water and infrastructure projects. Headquartered in Brussels and present in 33 countries, the company maintains five regional offices and one subsidiary in Belgium, from where more than 1600 staff members provide high-quality engineering and consulting services to private and public clients in the country and across the globe.
Tractebel welcomes candidates from all backgrounds, and actively promotes Diversity in the workforce.
· Posting Date: Jan 21, 2020