· Job Description:
Directs and sets the organization´s tax policy. Organizes and directs the tax research and tax compliance activities. Prepares and reviews tax returns and related reports to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local tax statues and regulations by properly interpreting tax laws and regulations. Minimizes tax liability to the company. Manages audits of tax returns by tax authorities. Determines financial accounting treatment for income taxes.
· Prepares and files monthly, quarterly, and year-end income and/or transaction tax returns, including gathering, analyzing, and compiling income tax data.
· Contributes to priority projects in both the tax compliance and accounting areas.
· Researches tax laws and regulations and analyzes findings
· Documents company-wide tax systems.
· Prepares and reconciles year- end taxes and makes adjustments to the general ledger accounting system.
· Participates in tax audits by gathering requested documents and reports.
Education and Experience Required:
· First-level university degree or equivalent experience.
· Typically 4+ years of related experience in accounting or tax.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Demonstrated knowledge of professional accounting and financial reporting systems.
· Strong communication skills.
· Solid financial and business acumen.
· Advanced knowledge of Excel.
· Knowledge of tax and/or accounting software desirable.