· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
Provides operations and maintenance support within a medium to large, moderately complex Storage Area Network Enterprise environment. Coordinates storage provisioning, provides support of storage infrastructure and services. Monitors performance through the implementation of baseline changes and evaluates infrastructure upgrades. Participates in supporting the operation and maintenance of the company's storage based systems and their deployment.
Essential Job Functions
· Provides multi-level technical support in defining, developing and evaluating storage products to meet client needs. Supports these activities by diagnosing, reproducing and fixing software and hardware issues. Allocates storage to new servers as needed. Maintains reports on disk utilization, availability and growth patterns. Provides recommendations to improve the storage infrastructure and address/lead critical issues and analysis.
· Works with senior team members to ensure the appropriate storage level provisioning is maintained. Monitors server/storage infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
· Troubleshoots and resolves problems identified by system administrators or through monitoring software. Investigates, identifies and documents proposals that will improve application recoverability.
· Defines the storage hierarchy, formats and defines the database, recovery log and disk storage pool. Tests and configures sequential storage pools and volumes.
· Provides operations and maintenance support within a moderately complex Storage Area Network Enterprise environment. Coordinates storage provisioning, provides support of storage infrastructure and services. Monitors performance through the implementation
· Participates in testing, upgrades and configuration of system and services. Evaluates and ensures changes are in accordance with appropriate operating procedures; recommends revisions or changes based upon results. May assist with the application of support packages/patches to maintain system integrity.
· Participates in capacity planning by providing support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of storage infrastructure and services. Performs server/storage service backups and any processes related to these systems, regularly handles problem resolution.
· Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
· Must be US Citizen living in the US
· Advanced knowledge of EMC Storage and/or Backup and Restore products required
· Isilon, VNX, and Unity
· Avamar and Data domain
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems, or related field preferred
· 6+ years of technical experience working with distributed computer system, software and associated networks
· Experience working with storage protocols and storage virtualization
· Experience working with company products and services
· Experience working with company and client documentation and storage procedures
· Experience working with Unix systems in a multi-site environment
· Experience working with more complex system implementations and organizational processes
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Good communication skills to interact with team members, customers, and managers
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced team members
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment
· May require on-call, shift, weekend and evening work