· Job Description:
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
· Responsible for all informationtechnologydatabase engineering project and operationsactivities and resource management.
· Responsible for designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers while following established guidelines.
· Create and maintain documentation of data flow
· Recommend solutions by defining database’s physical structure and functional capabilities, database security, back-up and recovery specifications
· Maintain corporate data standards
· Manage the access permissions and privileges for all databases
· Collaborate with respective business application teams to resolve issues
· Define and recommend solutions to mitigate possible capacity issues
· Conduct system or database performance monitoring and tuning
· Analyze technical problems with applications and their associated databases, and implement effective solutions
· On-call 24x7 support
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
· AWS and/or Azure Cloud migration preferred
· Experience supporting database migration projects
· PowerShell scripting preferred
· Strong understanding of SQL database structures, principles, and practices
· Working technical experience with designing, building, installing, configuring, and supporting database servers, including Microsoft Clustered SQL Servers
· Design, develop, test, deploy and maintain databases, database objects, database security and database recovery solutions
· Manage database performance, capacity and availability
· DBMS SW implementation, upgrade and patching
· Hands-on database tuning and troubleshooting experience
· Hands-on Operating System knowledge and troubleshooting experience
· Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2012, or 2014
· Experience with replication (transactional or log shipping) required.
· Knowledge of HIPAA data privacy practices and laws
· Technical documentation skills
· Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products as required
· Analytical and problem-solving abilities
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
· Experienced working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Monitoring tool experience beneficial
· Able to work in the US.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· 8+ years of professional experience and a Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent degree in computer science or related area of study.
· MCSA SQL Server certification
Requirements for DBA staffing of an operations/service desk to take dispatch and do level 1 level 2 support:
· OS troubleshooting – differentiation between critical and next day issues
· i.e. Services stopped vs restarted
· Disk warning vs. disk critical
· Window Failover Cluster knowledge
· Job operations – error message reading - run book reading
· Ability to check SQL Agent job errors and if/when restarts needed or action next day