· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Provides on-site field support to customers including installation, and servicing and repairing of systems and equipment.
· Answers customer questions and resolves issues. Refers other issues/questions to appropriate personnel/service area/manager for follow up, testing and troubleshooting.
· Assists in instructing customers in the operation and maintenance of systems/equipment.
· Acts as a liaison with customers on administrative and technical matters for assigned projects.
· Performs analyses and prepares reports on system problem trends and issues.
· Assists in applying engineering principles and practices as they relate to system design, process flow and/or discrete modeling.
· Interacts with the client's engineers, as necessary, to gather information, design changes, requirements, etc. to compile information for the overall solution design.
· Assists in translating the engineering design into software design and development of test plans to verify logic of new or modified technical programs.
· Performs testing of the final product and works with the client's engineers to assure that the product performs as planned.
· Assists in the design of basic technical programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Two or more years of field support experience
· Experience working with the company's hardware, software and equipment products
· Experience working with customer technology and support requirements
· Experience working with process and/or system design concepts
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
· Experience working with engineering principles and practices
· Interpersonal skills to work with customers and other unit personnel
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Communication skills
· Time management and organizational skills
· Ability to resolve non-complex hardware and equipment problems
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment
· May require weekend work
· May require shift work