· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Distributes invoices, posts batches, receives payments, processes accounts payable invoices, and mails accounts payable checks.
· Calculates routine commissions, interest, and payments for each transaction; creates and distributes routine commission statements for each transaction for closing.
· Uses office automated systems to input data to facilitate accounting tasks; generates basic financial reports, and responds to general inquiries. Identifies and escalates problems as appropriate.
· Assists in maintaining customer specific program information in tables, auditing orders and reporting; makes necessary corrections to vendor claims, and answers queries about the program.
· Maintains pending files and performs timely follow ups to ensure quality customer service.
· Performs routine data entry, filing, and maintenance in order to support the department. May deviate from routine policies and procedures when need arises.
· Verifies cost accounting, accounts payable, and accounts receivable records in order to ensure accuracy. Balances general or subsidiary ledgers to ensure accuracy.
· Contacts other departments and/or outside agencies to resolve problems.
· High school diploma or G.E.D.
· Two or more years of finance administration experience
· Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles
· Experience working with bookkeeping
· Experience working with financial software packages
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
· Communication skills to interface with company employees
· Ability to work in a team environment
· Office environment