· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Establishes and documents a tailored strategy quality plan in collaboration with the project manager, for the performance of quality assurance activities for assigned project or task.
· Develops and maintains quality assurance documentation for projects and tasks to include quality metrics. Ensures documentation complies with established software development standards, policies and procedures or best practices.
· Conducts assessments and evaluations through analysis and interpretation of objective and subjective evidence to verify compliance to established standards and applicable quality plan. Determines level of process and product quality. Develops written reports of findings; escalates unresolved issues to appropriate level.
· Evaluates work products to independently assess quality and reports findings. Researches alternative solutions to problems, determines proper approaches and makes verbal and/or written recommendations to appropriate parties. Assists in implementing recommendations as approved.
· Gathers, uses and independently analyzes defect metrics data. Presents analysis findings to the appropriate level verbally and through the preparation of periodic written reports. Provides recommendations regarding possible approaches to resolving defects.
· Participates in special projects, external audits and process improvements in support of quality assurance initiatives.
· Assists management defining and maintaining an effective and efficient quality program including developing and presenting associated training and familiarization to affected staff.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in business, mathematics, engineering, management Information Systems, or computer science, or related field preferred
· Three or more years of quality assurance, engineering or management information systems experience
· Experience working with quality metrics and software industry metric data collection and analysis techniques
· Experience working with quality assurance principles and practices and software development methodologies such as Catalyst
· Experience working with standard software development methodology assessments, such as SEI/CMM or ISO 9000
· Experience working with project management methodology
· Experience working with software test science and tools
· Good organization and time management skills
· Good communication skills to interact and present findings to team members, customers, management and support personnel
· Good analytical and problem solving skills
· Good interpersonal skills for interacting with project and task team members
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Good ability to handle activities on multiple projects and tasks within the same or different accounts
· Ability to work independently with integrity
· Ability to work in a team environment, even when remote support is required
· Ability to deal with and manage change
· Ability to participate in various formal and informal professional development training sessions and established quality assurance training
· Ability to complete assigned responsibilities in a given timeframe within a given budget
· Ability to handle multiple project and task responsibilities simultaneously and switch among them quickly to meet prioritized business needs
· Willingness to travel
· Office environment