· Job Description:
DXC Technology (DXC: NYSE) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner network combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.com
We are currently hiring Infrastructure systems engineer , with at least 2 years’ experience to work at our Leixlip Dublin office. All our engineers require a good level of analytical and troubleshooting skills with the ability to not only own and run issues from start to resolution for BAU, take on the varying requirements of project work but are also required to be client focused with a high standard of communication and documentation skills.
The successful candidates will also have experience building and managing Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012/2016 server environments as well as using VMWare Management interfaces, managing Active Directory (2008 & 2012) and administering domain controllers. Storage, Backup, DBA, SAP, Oracle skills are also desirable as secondary skillsets.
ALL CANDIDATES MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE WORK SCHEDULE WITH POTENTIAL ON-CALL AND OUT OF HOURS DEPLOYMENTS WITH THE POSSIBILITY OF TRAVEL.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Good knowledge in, setting and building large scale environment using:
· Active Directory (2008 and 2012)
· Storage Management
· Symantec Endpoint
· Data protector
· WSUS Windows update software
· MS Clustering
· Office 365 and Windows 10
· Disaster Recovery experience
· Storage, Backup, DBA, SAP, Oracle skills are also desirable
· Fundamental networking knowledge – IP, DNS, IP routing, TCP/IP, DHCP, network address translation etc.
· Experience of supporting a variety of Windows client and server operating systems
· Familiarity with VMWare (vSphere, vCenter etc)
· Familiarity with Exchange
· Ability to work on more than one project
· Knowledge of monitoring alerting, logging and status messages
· Strong troubleshooting skills of Infrastructure technical issues
· Experience of Incident and Ticket handling
DXC Technology is committed to the development of a fully inclusive workforce. All applications for employment are assessed purely on merit, against the capabilities and competencies required for the role.
DXC Technology does not discriminate on the basis of gender, ethnic origin, race, faith or sexual orientation.