· Job Description:
· This role will be responsible for the day to day support of Collaboration Suit (Exchange / Skype for Business) within the client environment, performing troubleshooting and resolving incidents.
· Work with 3rd party vendors, subcontractors and support teams to effectively support the environment and achieve SLAs.
· Maintain service availability in excess of 99.5%
· Create and maintain relevant server support documentation.
· Provide input into change control, project planning and BC/DR activities.
· Perform general Exchange & Skype for Business support duties and schedule maintenance tasks as required.
· Adhere to change control – create and implement changes as required to maintain the environment and ensure stability of the Exchange Server cluster and Skype for Business roles/services.
· Assist with projects as required. Some project may require after hour work.
Key responsibilities include:
· Support (Identify, troubleshoot and resolve incidents) all Microsoft Exchange / Skype servers:
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve the cause of server issues & service interruptions
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve driver incompatibilities and issues
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve performance issues
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve service failures
· Identify, troubleshoot and escalate hardware failures
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve configuration issues
· Identify, troubleshoot and resolve clustering and high availability issues
· Support (Identify, troubleshoot and resolve incidents) Exchange / Skype services such as:
· OWA & OAB, Office Online – including upgrades and migrations
· DAG / Windows clustering
· Spam check, blacklist/delist, AV
· Mailbox DB maintenance and benchmarking / BPA
· IIS and IIS configurations
· Support (Identify, troubleshoot and resolve incidents) related to Collaboration Suit service and tooling integration
· Provide support and work with 3rd party vendors, subcontractors and support teams in order to achieve SLAs.
· Create and Maintain relevant documentation
· Coordinate activities of subcontractors and 3rd party vendors as required.
· Ensure all projects and activities are executed to a high standard and within required timelines
· Performing reasonable requests from management as required to effectively support the assigned client.
Technical Knowlege Requirements
· Thorough knowledge of Disaster Recovery Solutions using VEEAM, VMware SRM and other Orchestration layers
· Proven ability to maintain Service availability to excess of 99.5%
· Thorough knowledge of HTTP, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, ActiveSync protocols
· Thorough knowledge of Exchange and Skype for Business solutions, including troubleshooting and reporting
· Thorough knowledge of the Windows concepts, Domains, Active Directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software.
· Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Exchange Server shell and relevant automation and scripting
· Thorough knowledge of security principles applicable to Microsoft Exchange & Skype servers’ environments
· Thorough knowledge of network protocols and network services.
· Thorough knowledge DNS service and records.
MINIMUM Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent.
· MCSE Messaging
· Additional Microsoft Certifications a bonus
· ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 a bonus
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS – expert Level
· 8+ years of overall experience Microsoft Exchange/Skype Server support within environments with DAG cluster and standalone, segregated roles - 1000 users/accounts.
· Be able to understand and create complex scripts (PowerShell, VBS, Python)
· Expert level of Exchange PowerShell command line
· Excellent troubleshooting skills
· Ability to accurately perform RCA on resolved incidents and problems and provide best practice permanent solution to avoid recurrences.
· Be able to successfully demonstrate proficiency in at least 95% of Technical knowledge requirements and be able to perform 100% of Key responsibilities.
· Ability to increase proficiency to 100% within 12 months without any assistance.
· Ability to mentor Junior team members.
· Accountable for resolution of all critical incidents within 4-hour SLA.
· Ability to work afterhours during critical incidents or time sensitive projects.