· Job Description:
Researches, designs, develops, configures, integrates, tests and maintains existing and new business applications and/or information systems solutions including databases through integration of technical and business requirements. Applications and infrastructure solutions include both 3rd party software and internally developed applications and infrastructure. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis of business requirements, coding of modifications or new program, creation of documentation, testing and maintenance of applications, infrastructure, and information systems including database management systems. Works within the Information Technology function, obtaining resources and working in support of objectives and strategies. Provides required documentation and participates in architecture reviews to ensure that the solutions comply with standards and use approved technologies. Typical customers are company end users and various functional areas such as Supply Chain, Research and Development, Marketing, Finance, a business, or the company.
· Participates as a member of development team. Performs basic analysis of functional or business requirements. Completes code stubs prepared by more senior developers. Participates in code review. Prepares and executes Unit tests. Applies advanced technical knowledge to maintain a technology area (e.g. Database Administration).
· May perform solution design. Applies the company and 3rd party technologies to infrastructure and software solutions of moderate complexity. Implements end- user or enterprise infrastructure or services prepared by more senior technologist.
Education and Experience Required:
· Typically a technical Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 2 years of related experience or a Master's degree and up to two years of experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· 2 or more years of experience writing code (such as, and not limited to, Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net; databases like SqlServer/ Oracle. Experience of one or more full release cycles. Basic understanding of modern software development methodologies (Object).
· Basic understanding of modern software development tools and SCM (software configuration management).
· Basic understanding of Software Test methodologies, test scripting and testing tools.
· Understanding of Basic Database Administration.
· Good verbal and written communication skills.