· Job Description:
Data Warehouse ETL Developer
DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company’s technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally. For more information, visit www.dxc.technology .
As part of Data Warehouse team, this ETL developer will work on Medicaid claims related data like: Finance, Claims, Encounter, and Capitation Fees to put together a financial picture of an enrolled Medicaid member. The developer will support internal and customer requests. The developer will work with large data sets and lead requests from concept to completion. The ETL developer may perform in client-facing role and work as a collaborative team player.
· Typically a technical degree or Bachelor’s degree with four years of related experience or a Master's degree with three years of experience
· Two or more years of experience with data warehousing, including work on ETL
· An understanding of RDBMS databases such Oracle and SQL
· Familiarity with dimensional modeling as it applies to data warehousing
Job Specific Skills/Special Functions:
· Three or more years of experience writing code such as: PL/SQL, T-SQL, and Unix Shell scripting
· Experience with databases like Oracle/SQL Server and Testing tools
· Experience with extracting, integrating, and processing broad spectrum of data from various existing internal and external data sources
· Familiarity with using Analytical Functions
· Understanding of Kimball’s Dimensional data modelling methodology
· Experience with UNIX operating system, UNIX shell scripting, and Korn shell programming
· Understanding of Oracle Database Administration
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Experience with software design and development methodologies
· Experience with testing tools and unit test scripting, and testing methodologies
· Experience with scheduling tool like AutoSys
· Understanding of security standards
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Participates as a member of Data Warehouse development team as an ETL developer.
· Performs analysis of functional and business requirements. Develop code to implement solutions
· Contributes to design activities and design solutions
· Applies technical knowledge, like Dimensional Data Modelling, to maintain and enhance technology areas like Data Mart design, and ETL development
· Designs, prepares and executes Unit tests
Work Location(s): Our preferred location for this position is a DXC Technology approved RDC located in the USA. Alternatively, this position can be on-site in Madison, WI.
Trust, Transform & Thrive with a company whose mission is to leading clients on their digital transformation journeys, DXC Technology will be recognized globally as a force multiplier, enabling clients to seize the opportunities presented by today’s rapidly changing technologies.