· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Assists in researching, editing, and proofreading technical data for use in documents or sections of documents such as manuals, procedures and specifications to provide clients with information regarding technical areas in a less technical way.
· Writes, organizes, enters and compiles online help files to support end users.
· Creates, compiles, and delivers system/software developmental documentation packages including, but not limited to narratives, logic diagrams, input and output samples, input preparation instructions, job setup information, etc., from technical project team inputs, system requirements analysis, system design specifications, technical system design, technical procedure development, configuration control requirements, test and training specifications, and programming notes.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism, technical writing or related field preferred
· Zero or more years of technical writing experience
· Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software
· Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure
· Good communication skills for interacting with personnel
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Proofreading and editing skills
· Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment