· Job Description:
Essential Job Functions
· Codes, tests, debugs, implements, and documents programs. Assists in the modification of company products and/or customer/internal systems to meet the needs of the client and/or end-user.
· Gathers information from the system, analyzes program and time requirements, and prepares documentation to change existing programs.
· Researches and analyzes existing systems and program requirements, under periodic supervision.
· Designs programs for projects or enhancements to existing programs.
· Writes specifications for programs of low to moderate complexity.
· Assists in resolving production support problems. Develops and suggests alternative approaches to resolving problems.
· Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Identifies issues as appropriate.
· Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
· Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews.
· Remains abreast of and researches industry technical trends and new development to maintain current skills and remain current with industry standards.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
· Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics or related field preferred
· Three or more years of experience in programming or testing
· Experience working with appropriate programming languages, operating systems and software
· Experience working with relational databases to facilitate programming software
· Basic programming skills
· Good personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Analytical and problem solving skills for design, creation and testing of programs
· Interpersonal skills to interact with team members
· Communication skills to work effectively with team members, support personnel, and clients
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Office environment