· Job Description:
Business Analyst Medical Coder
· Research, identify, and specify solutions to problems.
· Support and conduct visualization, user experience and configuration elements of solution design.
· Document requirements using certification processes and tools.
· Support contractual obligation requirements and change management processes.
· Consider the impact of decisions made within the applications environment to the business operations.
· Ability to analyze efficiencies and provide process improvement recommendations for the operational areas.
· Other responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Certified Professional Coder (CPC) certification + at least 1 year of experience in medical coding and billing.
If no CPC certification, must have 2+ years of experience in medical coding and billing.
Knowledge and Skills :
In addition to the above mentioned Educational Requirements
· Working knowledge of physician reimbursement, medical terminology, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding
· Understanding of both facility and professional terminology.
· Working knowledge of and experience with Encoder Pro/Super coder
· Basic functional knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
· Effective verbal/ written communication.
· Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
· Communication skills
· Analytical and problem solving skills
· Presentation skills to communicate with management and customers
· Personal computer and business solutions software skills
· Ability to work in a team environment with multiple team members and the ability to multitask
· Office environment