· Job Description:
AWS Engineer / Architect
Who we are:
DXC Technology is a global leader in next generation information technology services and solutions, dedicated to helping our clients on their digital transformation journey.
We are a leader because we have passionate, talented and committed people and work with world-leading partners in business and technology. Our purpose is to solve our clients’ business challenges through best-in-class industry solutions, domain expertise and global scale.
What we are looking for:
We need an enthusiastic AWS engineer / Architect ready to use their skills and to learn. You will join our team of multi-talented, experienced engineers working together to resolve engineering problems and incidents to make sure our clients’ get the return they need on their technology investments.
You will also be keen to develop your skills and we will support and encourage you to learn and develop, allowing you to do the best work of your career, enhancing yourself and DXC Technology future.
· You will provide first and second level technical support on incidents and problems
· Provide one-touch resolution for all types of incident and levels of severity escalating where necessary
· Monitor overall system performance and ensure smooth system functionality
· Create and maintain documentation – and use it.
· Work to ITIL best practices
· Implement standards, policies and procedures for continual service improvement
· Automate and improve everything you can. Look for root causes and fix them
· Share your knowledge and learn from others
· Proactively look for risks and problems and make sure they get fixed
· Assist to build compliance with process and policies
· You’re enthusiastic and get on with things
· You work with a ‘can-do’ attitude
· You love to learn new skills and take on new challenges
· You listen to customers and want the get it right for them
· You’d rather stop things go wrong than fight fires
· You’ll look for innovative ways to overcome hurdles and tenaciously pursue them
· You share what you know and love to work in a fast paced, multi skilled team
· You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
· You’ve good analytical and troubleshooting skills with an eye for detail
· You take responsibility and can run with issues with minimal supervision.
· You quickly adapt and are comfortable with working on multiple projects at a time, as part of a team or alone
Your skills & experience:
We are looking for people with either a foundation in or in-depth knowledge of;
· AWS Engineer / Architecture Experience will be key along with:
· Experience in installation, upgrade, configuration, and support of the following:
· Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012 R2, Windows 2016
· Applications: Microsoft Office 2003/2007/2010, Office 365, Lync 2010/13(Skype for Business) Adobe
· Active Directory: Object creation, OU creation, RBAC management, DFS.
· Hardware: Dell PowerEdge and HP ProLiant including DRAC, iLO and Dell Open Manage and HP Systems administrator.
· Clustering: Veritas (Symantec) CM and Enterprise Administrator. Microsoft Clustering
· Backup: Symantec NetBackup.
· Virtualization: VMware VSphere, SCVMM, Hyper-V.
· Networking: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN, WAN. • Processes: ITIL methodology.
· Remote & Collaboration: Terminal Services Client, Citrix, Windows Remote Assistance.
Please be aware that security clearance will be required for this role however holding current clearance is not a pre-requisite. Candidate must however be willing and eligible to go through the vetting process.