As Regional Senior Buyer Sugar and Sweeteners Europe, you will be part of the Direct Materials Team, a function of the Cycles & Procurement (C&P) Organization. You will serve Danone's Top and Bottom line across all European businesses (Essential Dairy & Plant Based, Waters, Specialized Nutrition), through direct connections with Danone's country business units.
To support Danone's 'One Planet' commitment towards sustainability and circularity, you will have an essential role in designing and executing a strategy for Regenerative Agriculture for Sugar & Sweeteners: embarking internal and external stakeholders on a journey that will help restore Biodiversity.
About the Role
As Regional Senior Buyer Sugar & Sweeteners Europe, you will manage a spend of approx. 60Mio EUR. Your responsibility will be to deliver competitiveness, Sustainability Quality, Service, Innovation for the category, by developing and implementing the best sourcing strategies, sustainability programs and supplier development plans.
Contribution to Top and Bottom Line:
• Develop category strategies & roadmaps that deliver value to all functions across the business.
• Structure a smart procurement approach that ensures a sustainable productivity year on year (through partnerships, duplications, auctions...)
• Lead tenders and negotiation on behalf of all European business units
• Support our brands by constantly be on the lookout to identify and capture innovation aiming at differentiating our products from taste, origin, Planet or Health perspectives.
• Commodity Market Risk Management: work in close collaboration with Finance and Market Intelligence teams to structure and execute appropriate hedging decisions, based on market fundamental and technical analysis.
• Supply risk management: ensure 100% supply continuity by performing risk analysis and implementing mitigation actions (multiple sources, contingency planning, supplier development...)
• Regenerative Agriculture: Design and execute a strategy from scratch to ensure the shift of the portfolio to Regenerative Agriculture. Ensure on-boarding of all stakeholders trough effective project management and focused communication.
• Lead and contribute to cross-functional and cross-divisional projects to improve and automate sourcing traceability and transparency
Experience & Technical Knowledge:
• Business or engineering degree - Supply chain/Procurement specialization is desirable
• Relevant working experience of 3-5 years minimum
• Successful track record in driving sustainability and circularity through innovative approaches
• Knowledge of the agro-industry and commodity markets would be a plus
• Demonstrated abilities to manage complex projects
• Proficient negotiator
• Solid written and oral communication skills
• Agile & experienced in working in a remote matrix, international environment
Skills & Competencies:
• Business acumen
• Entrepreneurial mindset and can-do attitude
• Autonomy & Agility to manage multiple initiatives in parallel
• Fluent in English; French is a plus
• Ability to travel 10-30% of the time
Danone’s mission is bringing health through food to as many people as possible and we want to invite people to join the movement for a healthier world. We recognize the power people have to impact the world through their daily choices. Healthy food needs a healthy planet, and this is what our new signature One Planet One Health embodies.
Cycles & Procurement is right at the heart of making the Danone vision One Planet. One Health a reality. Through what & how we source, we shape the world in which we operate & we build the future for Danone. We are one team of procurement professionals worldwide working closely together with our colleagues across the Company.
We secure competitive, sustainable resources, seek innovative solutions and partner up with suppliers aligned to our vision.
We invite you to apply online via our website until the closing date. To comply with GDPR regulations, we cannot process your personal data without given consent. Therefore, we strongly recommend applying directly via our careers website.
Need more information?
Please contact me Marina Dubceac, Talent Manager Cycles & Procurement at firstname.lastname@example.org