Location:Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
You will automate test execution in our Continuous Integration workflow and develop tools to facilitate tests (e.g. for deployment and monitoring). You will work mainly on Linux environments and test deployment scenarios in various hard- and software setups.
You will work with a development team distributed over several locations in Germany that is part of the global development team for Cisco Kinetic.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Our IoT software and hardware portfolio includes IoT gateways, industrial switching, routing & wireless solutions, edge and data management platforms, and more. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale – for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
Who You Are
You are a QA engineer or software developer with the "QA gene" - there is an itch if something does not work right - it may be too complicated, too brittle, too slow or not working functionally.
You want to know that things work and you like to automate workflows for a CI environment and for quicker testing. You know how to analyse problems efficiently and you love to learn.
- 2+ years experience in QA or software development
- experience in design and implementation of software tests, preferably in Python or Java
- hands on experience with at least two operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows, OS X)
- basic administrative skills for Linux and Windows
- the ability to document and communicate results in English in written and verbal form
Any of the following is a plus:
- experience with test frameworks
- strong knowledge of QA methodology and tools
- experience with typical distributed version control and test management tools
- experience with SCRUM
- fluency in more than one programming language
- good communication skills in German
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.