Location:Cologne, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
You will part of Cisco's IoT Engineering team in Cologne, Germany, working with a team of engineers to deliver high quality, efficient and scalable components and features for Cisco's IoT edge services products, solving application deployment and data processing problems at the edge of the network.
- Collaborate closely with engineering peers, product managers and partners from across the business to plan roadmap and features
- Seek consensus and assistance from other engineering teams to build cross-team features and/or infrastructure. Breaking down and prioritizing lists of product requirements into smaller, deployable features.
- Write detailed requirements, user stories, uses cases and workflows for new product feature requirements.
- Help the teams understand these feature requirements and how best to integrate them into the product.
- Provide feedback to engineering throughout the development and delivery process.
- Help product management to respond to customer feature requests.
- Help define and design ground breaking IoT edge services products that solve customer needs to deploy applications and process data at the network edge.
Who You'll Work With
The Cisco IoT business group is a global leader in IoT. Our IoT software and hardware portfolio includes IoT gateways, industrial switching, routing & wireless solutions, edge and data management platforms, and more. With these, we are positioned to accelerate IoT growth on a global scale – for ourselves, our partners and our customers.
Who You Are
You are interested in working in an environment where you are challenged and appreciated, colleagues become friends and where creativity and ambition are valued.
- a customer advocate who can bring the customer's voice into a product development team.
- experienced in designing products that solve application and data processing problems in simple and elegant ways.
- value simplicity in product usage for customers to solve their problems.
- hold engaging, dynamic and technology-centric conversations designed to move customer wish list to product feature
- Experience developing and managing technical requirements
- You care deeply about product quality and user impact
- Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly
- 3+ years of experience in designing software products that are highly reliable, secure, scalable and easy to use.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in CS/related field with 5+ years of meaningful work experience in software development.
- Have Knowledge ideally of IoT Technologies, Application and Networking domains and how customers use them.
- Technical experience in Object Oriented Design and Development.
- Ability to work independently while responding to changing business and technical conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively in German and English, both verbal and written with a variety of primarily internal, but also customer facing audiences.
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference. Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.