- Location:Milpitas, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestService Provider
- Job Id1259398
- What You'll Do
Cisco IOS-XR software is a modular and fully distributed network operating system that powers Cisco's ground breaking routing/switching systems like the CRS-1/3, ASR9000 and NCS6000 in service provider networks. The IOS-XR group is building the next generation hardware and software products that will transform the Web/OTT, SP datacenter and traditional SP spaces.
Who You'll Work With
The Platform Software group develops software and firmware for Cisco's service provider routing platforms. This is a unique opportunity to work on the foundational layers of IOS XR based Platform software and its ongoing evolution that powers several products addressing a large customer base covering traditional SP, Web/OTT and SP datacenter market segments.
Who You Are
Design and develop system software and infrastructure software modules for IOS-XR
Develop automated tests in Python/C for software validation and sustenance
Conduct and participate in peer code/design reviews.
Deliver detailed functional and design specifications of the software.
Work closely with the Hardware team in defining the programming interfaces into the hardware, diagnostics, and board bringup.
2+ years of work experience in embedded software development.
Prior experience in developing operating systems internals and infrastructure
Proficient in "C" and multi-thread programming.
BS degree in CS/EE/CE or technical equivalent.
Deep understanding of concepts in operating system, Inter process communication, high availability etc.
Experience with Python, Perl or shell scripting.
. Experience in manageability frameworks such as Yang/snmp/xml is a plus
At Cisco, each person brings their rare talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
- We connect everything – people, process, data and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
- We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
- We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and you will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.