- Location:RTP, North Carolina, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestService Provider
- Job Id1253714
What You'll Do
As an Embedded Software Engineer in the Service Provider High End Router team, you will design and develop new product features for our existing Cisco ASR9K Routers. You will also have an opportunity to participate in the development of our Cisco's next gen high-end Router that will be released later in 2020. The foundation of our features for the next generation platforms are solidly in place. This will be a ground floor opportunity and will allow you to lead the next phase of product growth, convergence in the SP space supplying significant features for Cloud, Data Center, and Mobile solutions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following;
- You will develop embedded software and device drivers using C language
- You will learn how network processors work and write low level control software
- You will participate in automation testing of code to ensure quality code
Who You'll Work With
As part of the Cisco Service Provider team you will work a dynamic team of Engineers who are building our next generation of Network Automation, Network Optimization, Network Virtualization, Mobility Platforms and high end Routers and Switches for large Service Providers.
Who You Are
You are success driven Software Engineer who possesses strong analytical skills and the ability to design and develop multi-threaded software with minimal supervision within a multi-functional team environment.
In this role you will focus on embedded software with significant SW/HW interactions. The solutions will involve Microcode, Device Drivers, and Network Processors. Experience with memory architectures and access optimization will be useful.
Our minimum requirements for this role:
- CS/BS/EE Degree or equivalent in addition to a minimum of 4-6 years multi-threaded software development or device driver experience.
- 3-6 years minimum software development experience with a focus on C language programming
- 1-3 years of experience with Router data plane or device driver SW involving network processors is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing solutions within complex software systems.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical and decision-making skills.
- Independent, proactive with an ability to influence others.
Highly Desired Skills
- L2-L3 networking protocol knowledge.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.