- Location:San Jose, California, US
- Area of InterestEngineer - Software
- Job TypeProfessional
- Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Security
- Job Id1254742
Are you passionate about solving dynamic cybersecurity problems? Are you passionate about building systems to handle tons of data that is constantly growing? Come join Cisco's Talos Research & Intelligence organization!
Today's IT organizations need security products that use leading threat intelligence to effectively safeguard their extended networks. Creating that intelligence is the focus of Cisco's Talos Security Intelligence and Research Group. Talos is comprised of leading threat researchers supported by sophisticated systems. Our researchers create threat intelligence for Cisco products to protect customers from both known and emerging threats.
The Data Services Delivery Team in Cisco's Talos Security Engineering and Research Group, seeks an exceptional devops engineer to help support our products. We are responsible for critical common data services and platforms. We are in search of motivated, creative, ambitious engineers to deliver and support high-availability, high-performance web and data services.You will be part of an exciting team comprised of software developers, qa engineers and devops engineers who are responsible for building, deploying, configuring andmaintaining their own products 24x7.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team in the development of our security services and platforms. You will have a track record of not only delivering exceptionally engineered products, but will demonstrate a real passion for the efficacy and long-term success of those products.
- Provide operational support and oversight for the teams' products including application deployment, troubleshooting, monitoring, tooling and responding day to day operational needs.
- Provide product requirements or enhancements from a devops perspective for both new and existing products.
- Provide both strategic and detailed plans for operational initiatives such as new tooling change out, data center migrations and expansions.
- Collaborate with development and QA team members to ensure successful completion, deployment, maintenance, and operations of solutions.
- Actively participate in an Agile / Scrum team to deliver high-quality feature releases on an accelerated cadence.
- Help foster and maintain a culture of challenge, innovation, and fun.
- Participate in team's on call rotation for a week at a time, 24x7.
- Main location is in San Jose and requires in office presence, but working from home or remotely is negotiable.
- Real passion for internet security and development of cutting-edge, high-volume web/data services.
- 3-6 years of devops experience, preferably in internet-security or high-volume web/data services domains.
- 3-6 years of FreeBSD, CentOS, Linux, VMWare system administration experience.
- 3-6 years of common network protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, LDAP) experience.
- 3-6 years with network storage, databases, load balancers and monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with deployment automation, scripting skills and containers.
- Experience in Security and Networking.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Highly-motivated and self-directed.
- Able and eager to be a part of a highly communicative and collaborative team.
- At least a BA/BS in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- Experience in devops support under Agile/Scrum framework.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren't afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.